• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Multicam Beetle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    Sorry about the double post previously (the thread Nazi's do seem to care around here). So in case someone else has this problem, here is my solution. Since my BCG was brand new, trying to push on the front of it hoping that the cam pin would move and allow the BCG to slide out the rear of the upper just wasn't working. So I got a can of CPL with it's long squirt tube and slid the tube into the hole of the upper that the gas tube slides into and was able to squirt a few drops against the cam pin. The lubricant then ran down and lubricated the metal all around the cam pin. I left it on the shelf for 2 days. Then I just gave the upper a good hard rap on the back with a rubber mallet..but not obstructing the BCG in case it slid back out.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I've always been able to stick my finger in the round hole in the back of the carrier and pull it right back. You folks must not lube your BCG's.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Wouldn't a light tap on a wooden dowel down the muzzle to the bolt-face back it out?

Just a thought. I guess it would need to be a pretty small dowel.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Wouldn't a light tap on a wooden dowel down the muzzle to the bolt-face back it out?

Just a thought. I guess it would need to be a pretty small dowel.

If an explosion going off inside the shell case won't cause the bolt to move, what do you think shoving a small dowel rod is going to accomplish?

You have to move the BCG rearward about half an inch to rotate and unlock the bolt, THEN the whole assembly will move back. This is accomplished when the expanding gasses go down the barrel, then back thru the gas tube into the carrier key and into the chamber behind the bolt.

Just break it open like a shotgun and stick your finger in the back of the BCG and slide it backwards.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I've always been able to stick my finger in the round hole in the back of the carrier and pull it right back. You folks must not lube your BCG's.

Ditto. No tools required. Grab the rear of the carrier and pull it out. I do this all the time when putting an upper together when making sure the gas tube and key are well aligned.

-rvb

Top Bottom