• ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    A magpul CTR may do the trick

It's got a rubber butt pad on it which would enable you to keep a placement against your shoulder.
    That way, when running the rifle, youd have better recoil control and better absorb the recoil.

That's my opinion.
    Plus CTR has nice amenities as well

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Depending on length you want, the A1/A2 stock should suit your needs fine.

(unless you just really want that big round magpul sticker)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I have a CTR on a Contender, extended .50" recoil pad (not very soft but softer than original) and a .50" riser clipped on the top.
    The original rubber is for non slip, isn't really a recoil pad IMHO.
    The snap on risers for proper scope cheekweld IMHO are a pretty nice option.
    If going with a more conventional stock you might have to use something else, like a Beartooth neoprene slide on or fab something at home- which may alter the stock from original (hurt resale or mar it should you decide to convert it back).
    Having said that, I've made a few decent looking cheekpieces from Kydex, attached with Chicago screws.

4hwpj.jpg

Last edited:

mm5de88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Clinton In
    Thanks for the suggestions now all I have to do is find a 450 Bushmaster upper that might not be so easy since Bushmaster has no idea when they will have any available.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The STR is an improvement over the CTR if you prefer a much more comfortable cheek weld.

There's not enough of a weight difference to matter.

STR™-Storage_Type-Restricted-STR™-Carbine-Stock-–-Mil-Spec-Model-500x333.jpg

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I have a CTR on a Contender, extended .50" recoil pad (not very soft but softer than original) and a .50" riser clipped on the top.
    The original rubber is for non slip, isn't really a recoil pad IMHO.
    The snap on risers for proper scope cheekweld IMHO are a pretty nice option.
    If going with a more conventional stock you might have to use something else, like a Beartooth neoprene slide on or fab something at home- which may alter the stock from original (hurt resale or mar it should you decide to convert it back).
    Having said that, I've made a few decent looking cheekpieces from Kydex, attached with Chicago screws.

4hwpj.jpg

Very nice!
    I need that riser!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you have a commercial spec buffer tube, ditch it for a milspec one...

No, the tube its self doesn't matter but the dimensions for optimal stock fit do matter. Commercial tubes and commercial stocks from any brand seem to have a lot of wobble in them.

Milspec on the otherside, I've never seen the need for the lock on the CTR/STR stocks, they're rock solid as is.

Top Bottom