• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have been exposed to the AR platform since I was 17 (1986) I was issued everything from beat up A1’s to brand new M4’s. I have witnessed about every malfunction/failure possible and many user errors that defy logic.
    This what I have gathered over the years.

1. BCG
    Needs to be “wet” not soaked but you should be able to see lube on the bolt. The bolt cam pin needs lubed grease or oil don’t ask my why I just know when you get one acting funky many times it will be lack of lube on the bolt cam pin.

2. Chamber
    A dirty chamber will cause many function issues whenever you clean your AR scrub the chamber with a brush.

3. Cleaning
    I have spent many hours cleaning to “White Glove” standards I don’t think that’s necessary unless you are standing inspection. I think Denny has a good plan for a duty weapon that is mostly in a rack. One that’s carried daily requires a wipe-down and inspection daily. I typically clean mine after a class before they go into the safe so every thousand rounds or so.

BTW
    It seems the Lucas extreme duty oil and grease seems to be great stuff IMO really sticks to the bolt even after a long day at the range.

This is the ticket. Except I'm sold on Mpro7.

Top Bottom