• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CW9

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have a DPMS sportical. I want to replace the handguards. I have a few choices that I am looking at. I don't want to spend the ridiculous amount for Daniel Defense and have went a little cheap as this is just a fun gun nothing special about it. Below I have listed the two I am taking a look at.

Also if I get this is there anyone near Greenwood that could show me how to install them. I would take it to a Smith but I like to learn how to do things on my own. I have a AR wrench, I just don't have a bench or vice as I live in an apartment.

ARR-157 - AR-15 Extended M4 Carbine Quad Rail, Black, UTG, Mil-Spec Forearm Replaces Original Handguards, 10.7"

ARR-390 - AR-15 Carbine Length Free Floating Quad Rail, Black, UTG, Four Rails with 15 Slots per Rail, 7.2"

Last edited:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Nice cheese graters...any reason you want that many rails? If I were going to make a change it would be to a free float forend. On Cwood's it looks as if you can remove the rails...that would be better than permanently mounted ones.

sonrider657

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    UTG is chinese garbage. Check out the new DoubleStar drop-in quad rails or pick up a set of used Knight's Armament rails which can generally be had for cheap.

As for installing them, it is very simple: Just hold the Delta Ring down with the rubber-coated handles on a pair of Channel-Loks, remove the old handgards and install the new ones (freefloat rails are much more work).

CW9

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Greenwood
    As for installing them, it is very simple: Just hold the Delta Ring down with the rubber-coated handles on a pair of Channel-Loks, remove the old handgards and install the new ones (freefloat rails are much more work).

I can do the drop ins just fine. If I get free floating I just need a bench is all. But I guess another question is free floating make that big of a difference?

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    In all seriousness, get the handgaurd CWOOD has up for sale right now. Very affordable, mounts solid, looks just as pretty as any other handguard and functions the same. And the best part is you're supporting America, Indiana, and CWOOD :rockwoot::ingo:

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    If you are looking for full float rail, for just a bit more YHM carbine length diamond series rail from Cheaper than Dirt. I have the rifle length on mine, very high quality, rock solid mounting. I loved the look of the diamond pattern. It does require a lot more work than a drop in.

Top Bottom