• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowtech29

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    new castle, indiana
    Well after selling my AR-15 due to financial woes I have the green light to build one but it has to be under $800. I just want one that functions right now. It doesn't have to be pretty or the upper doesn't even have to match the lower(color wise) But my question is is it possible? And has anyone dealt with AR15-kits.com and if the parts kits are quality? Thanks.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    You can easily get a PSA kit built for that, and they have received good reviews. Unless you absolutely want to build it (and I would understand that) you can pick up a used AR-15 on here for less than that in the classifieds, as another option.

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    If you want one just to shoot, wait till the next 1500. I got a nicer Rock River upper that was assembled and a lower parts kit with a Rock River 2 stage trigger, all from M&A Parts that are out of Illinois (they have a website too and ship). Then I got a lower receiver from an actual gun dealer (M&A does not sell the lower receivers, only parts/uppers.) I had $800 in the gun before optics. The upper was about $100 more then their cheapest upper and the Rock River trigger was a $100 upgrade. without those two, you could easily build one with some type of sights for your price. Plus then you don't have to pay the 11% firearms tax because it isn't assembled, and you get to build it. It is adult legos, and addicting. It is actually really easy to put together a lower receiver.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Look into DoubleStar. They are made in Kentucky and are quality rifles. I bought mine from M&S Armament here on INGO. Mine was a little more than $800, but I know they have some solid rifle for less than $800.

jcharrison05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Richmond
    PSA is the way to go! They always have deals going on and they run great built mine for about $900 but that was with all magpul gear and you can always look on parts/accessories right here on ingo for parts to finish or upgrade your AR. Be warned it is very addicting though! You should have no problem with an $800 budget. If your all about going cheap Wal-Mart in Muncie and others have DPMS for like $600. If it were me I'd go with PSA though, quality parts and they run great! Good luck.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Doublestar doesn't always get the credit they deserve.

Speaking of this, Mario at M&S right now has complete rifle build kits minus the lower receiver for ~$530. Tack on a polymer receiver for $50 and a $5 transfer plus ammo purchase at Profire and you can come in right around the $600 mark for a complete rifle. I'm highly considering this route for my 8 year old's build e wants to do.

Top Bottom