• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I picked up an RGuns lower from Bradis this past weekend and went to install my magazine catch when lo and behold, the button won't even fit.

I suppose my question is: Is it okay to get a file or something to open this hole up some? Or should I see if I can get an exchange on the lower itself? Finally, I suppose I could try another button, but I don't want to have to buy an all new LPK to get one.

Any help would be appreciated, really want a quick fix so I can get out shooting during the nice weather tomorrow.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I would contact Bradis first, to see if they have a remedy for this. Then contact the manufacturer. You could try another release button, I have seen several LPK's that had parts not fit correctly. Only modify the lower as a last resort..

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I picked up an RGuns lower from Bradis this past weekend and went to install my magazine catch when lo and behold, the button won't even fit.

What kind of parts kit do you have? We had some Bushmaster LPKs with the plastic mag catch buttons that were too large to fit the RGUNS lowers, but the ones provided with DPMS and Daniel Defense LPKs dropped right in.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I suppose I could try another button, but I don't want to have to buy an all new LPK to get one.

Any help would be appreciated, really want a quick fix so I can get out shooting during the nice weather tomorrow.

First/best option for a quick fix is to file the mag catch button to fit. Use coarse sandpaper or a Dremel tool on low speed, and go slowly, removing only as much material from the edges as needed to allow the button to fit.

When the shop re-opens on January 2, you're welcome to call and I can check our parts bin to see if we have a spare mag catch button that might work on a more permanent basis.

Alternatively, you could just order the required part from PK or Brownells, and have it in a couple days.

PK Firearms | Online Store

DPMS : Magazine Catch Button, Aluminum - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

Keep us posted!

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Thanks a lot for the opinions, guys. I think I'm gonna go ahead and sand it down for the weekend and pick up a new button next week.

Glad I didn't just hop straight into filing the lower. Seems stupid now that I think about it...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Glad I didn't just hop straight into filing the lower.

Me too!

Sometimes when one part is at one end of the spec and another part is at the other end, they might not fit together quite the way they should. Neither part is "out of spec," but that's little comfort in the midst of a frustrating build. BTDT.

Just to rule some things out, do you have another lower you can try your Del-Ton mag catch button in?

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Me too!

Just to rule some things out, do you have another lower you can try your Del-Ton mag catch button in?

No. Not yet, at least.. But for $3 a piece, I don't mind sanding it. And we'll see how the new one fits next week. Honestly, I suppose I'd rather have an aluminum button, anyway.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Update:

We do have a DPMS metal mag catch button in-stock; I tried it in one of our RGUNS lowers today and it dropped in fine. I have a couple more coming on my next parts order, as well.

Top Bottom