• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Or made right in a knowledgeable persons garage :)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Yep I agree. My boys both Army have told me the ones I put together out preformed their M4's. I said thats because I used quality parts and the military goes with the lowest bidder.

Of course Trump made a good deal with FN to make some M4's so I imagine the quality of those should be outstanding.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Or made right in a knowledgeable persons garage :)

Correct. It's not hard to properly assemble an upper or lower with the right training/tools/understanding of the AR platform. That's not the discussion here. What a lot of people don't understand about AR's are the proper port size of the different gas lengths for barrels out there. For some reason people can't wrap their heads around that. An improperly gassed barrel leads to a lot of malfunctions. Monte's specs for his barrels are the proper size. He also specs for the right barrel materials for hard use rifles.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Correct. It's not hard to properly assemble an upper or lower with the right training/tools/understanding of the AR platform. That's not the discussion here. What a lot of people don't understand about AR's are the proper port size of the different gas lengths for barrels out there. For some reason people can't wrap their heads around that. An improperly gassed barrel leads to a lot of malfunctions. Monte's specs for his barrels are the proper size. He also specs for the right barrel materials for hard use rifles.
    Yes it does. Buffer weight is also another one thats overlooked. But your 100% correct, if you dont match the gas system length with barrel length you will have issues

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've actually met Monte and got a tour of his operation. Nice guy and super down to earth. I own multiple Centurion rails/lowers and one of his first RECCE upper builds.

Kirk at Centurion Arms tour:

tenor.gif

Meathead2011

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2020
    Flora
    I have an opportunity to get a ruger AR 15 new in box but price is a bit steep at 1540 but I cant seem to find them anywhere else what do you guys think

Top Bottom