• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The trigger pin was coming out. Had to push it in more than once. I used a CMMG parts kit and that was the only pin I had trouble with.

I have built a couple of rifles using a Palmetto lower parts kits (that's basically what I always use, or at least start with). And once or twice I had a problem with them working out. I just bought a KNS pins kit and the problem was solved. I think they are like $30.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Trigger pins walking is likely a sign on an improperly installed hammer spring. Fix that you lose the need for the anti walk pins. A backwards trigger spring will also cause light primer strikes.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The legs of the hammer spring sit on top of the trigger pin, one side being in a groove at the end of the pin. This keeps the pin in. If your pin is walking out, your hammer spring is not installed properly. Either the legs of the spring aren't on the trigger pin or you have the spring in backwards.

MetGel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Columbus
    Here's how the parts are supposed to interface...
    Yes, that's the way I have it. I think it may have been what you said earlier, the spring arm just not in that grove on the pin. The bcg is all clean now and I've adjusted the pins. Going to try it out again tomorrow. Thanks.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I need to stop assuming that people have assembled their rifles properly. I offer good advice based on a properly assembled rifle. This is the 2nd thread in which I've seen the culprit as an improperly (most likely) assembled gun.

munch520

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2015
    midwest
    You don't NEED anti-walk pins. Some people like them but the trigger pins don't usually work themselves loose anyway.

I need to stop assuming that people have assembled their rifles properly. I offer good advice based on a properly assembled rifle. This is the 2nd thread in which I've seen the culprit as an improperly (most likely) assembled gun.

Yeah...

Good luck OP, you either have FCG installed incorrectly or the hammer/trigger pin holes are incorrect diameter...

MetGel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Columbus
    I was looking at a buddies rifle and noticed the hammer was a lot stronger than mine. At first I thought I got a weak spring in my kit, but after fiddling around with it, I figured out I had put the hammer spring in backward. It was on the trigger pin but just not enough pressure to strike hard enough or to keep the trigger pin in. Thanks for all the help.

Top Bottom