• ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I was at Bradis a month or so ago.

I'm pretty sure they had at least 4 Olympic Arms A2 style rifles with fixed stocks, and standard fore grips for $550-$580.

The Bushmaster, DPMS, and other stuff was a bit more expensive, falling more in line with $750 - $1250 depending on options etc.

AKsteve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Avon
    I have heard that DPMS rifles are complete junk. :noway: That comes form someone who really knows the AR. Not me.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Are they used? Who makes them?

New, A2 style Olympic Arms.

This is an A1 Upper.
    554.jpg

This is what an A2 upper looks like.
    552.jpg

This is what an A3 upper looks like.
    232.jpg

An A4 Upper looks like an A3, but has feed ramps.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Indy
    And an M4 is a shorter carbine version, am I right?

I think I'd prefer an M4, but if there are ARs out there I can ever afford, I'll take one. Unfortunately by the time I can afford an AR, we may have a Democratic administration and ARs may no longer be legal.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX

I think I'd prefer an M4, but if there are ARs out there I can ever afford, I'll take one. Unfortunately by the time I can afford an AR, we may have a Democratic administration and ARs may no longer be legal.

M4 is just the Select Fire, Military version.

any of the above can be built with a 16" barrel --> 24" barrel
    adjustable stock, or fixed stock, etc etc etc.

When people talk about "style" they are usually referring to which upper receiver is installed. A3/A4 are usually referred to as "Flat Top"

For the price the Olympic Arms rifle at Bradis isn't awful. You would have a hard time matching that elsewhere. Once you have it, you can throw everything away but the lower receiver and rebuild it however you want.

Personally I'd keep most of the rifle, but build a second "complete upper receiver. It doesn't take long at all to swap them out. so you could have your standard A2 with 16" barrel as a CQB battle rifle, and then swap in an A4 with Optics, and a 22" barrel if you wanted for long range rifle shooting.

option 2 is just buy one of each ;)

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg

The m4 is the shorter version. The flat top uppers dont neccisarly mean its a m4. Some m4's have A2 uppers. The m4 have a certain barrel profile also and look like this:
    0212080034.jpg

its a bad pic i know. It is a 14.5in barrel on there. Also the m4 has 1/7 twist, ect. You probably want a m4clone im guessing, basically an AR15 that looks like an m4.

Top Bottom