• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4evercoltsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Goshen
    On my weekly visit to the local Super Walmart, I always visit the ammo case just to see if maybe there is something I need. Of course the case was empty! As I am looking at what type of 12 and 20 gage cartridges they have, I hear a woman (with her 10 year old child) walk up to the counter and say to the guy working behind the counter a question. His reply was classic and what we all (except the media) understand to be true.

Customer: Oh look you do have assult rifles, how much are you asking?
    Employee: We don't have any assult rifles here.
    Customer: Then what are those 5 guns to the right?
    Employee: Those are AR-15's and they are rifles NOT ASSULT RIFLES!
    Customer: It's the same thing though.
    Employee: An Assult rifle is something that has a selector switch so that you can go from safe to semi auto to 3 round burst or in some cases full auto. The rifles we have here switch from safe to semi auto which means when you pull the trigger you only have one round go off. Stop watching CNN and inform yourself before you engage in a conversation you have no clue about. Would you like me to explain to you what happens when you have a full auto rifle?

She walked away VERY EMBARRASSED and the half dozen of us there all started clapping and telling him thank you! Next time I go I plan on getting his name and telling the manager what a wonderful employee they have working back there in sporting goods!

:rockwoot:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm not sure in what context the conversation was so I don't know if it was a good interaction or not. If she was a genuinely interested customer that just doesn't know the correct terminology than the guy was probably just rude and so was everybody else for clapping. He just drove away a potential female AR owner. If on the other hand she was one of the anti-gun million mom types that was appalled that the Walmart actually did have black rifles than so be it.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    On my weekly visit to the local Super Walmart, I always visit the ammo case just to see if maybe there is something I need. Of course the case was empty! As I am looking at what type of 12 and 20 gage cartridges they have, I hear a woman (with her 10 year old child) walk up to the counter and say to the guy working behind the counter a question. His reply was classic and what we all (except the media) understand to be true.

Customer: Oh look you do have assault rifles, how much are you asking?
    Employee: We don't have any assault rifles here.
    Employee: Those are AR-15's and they are rifles NOT ASSAULT RIFLES!
    Employee: An assault rifle is something that has a selector switch so that you can go from safe to semi auto to 3 round burst or in some cases full auto. The rifles we have here switch from safe to semi auto which means when you pull the trigger you only have one round go off. Stop watching CNN and inform yourself before you engage in a conversation you have no clue about. Would you like me to explain to you what happens when you have a full auto rifle?

She walked away VERY EMBARRASSED and the half dozen of us there all started clapping and telling him thank you! Next time I go I plan on getting his name and telling the manager what a wonderful employee they have working back there in sporting goods!

FIFY.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Employee: An Assult rifle is something that has a selector switch so that you can go from safe to semi auto to 3 round burst or in some cases full auto. The rifles we have here switch from safe to semi auto which means when you pull the trigger you only have one round go off. Stop watching CNN and inform yourself before you engage in a conversation you have no clue about. Would you like me to explain to you what happens when you have a full auto rifle?

(In my best southern sheriff drawl) Ya'll are lucky boy. . . . .I'm only gonna give you a warnin' this time but the next time you misspell a word. . . . . .yer gettin the chair!!!

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County

He probably won't be there when you go back. She probably reported him to management and he'll be fired for being rude to a customer. After all, we are talking about Wally World!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm not sure in what context the conversation was so I don't know if it was a good interaction or not. If she was a genuinely interested customer that just doesn't know the correct terminology than the guy was probably just rude and so was everybody else for clapping. He just drove away a potential female AR owner. If on the other hand she was one of the anti-gun million mom types that was appalled that the Walmart actually did have black rifles than so be it.

Just put yourself in his shoes, or in any body's shoes who deals with firearms for their job lately.

The Newtown shooting has brought out a lot of people who, even though can pass a background check, have no business in owning a firearm. Plus you get people who all they watch is the news and all they know is the news and they have no clue how firearms work, they just know general terms and act like a typical uninformed customer. Plus imagine the older people, people who've been around guns for 50+ years but who actually don't know jack about them either. They know the word "shell" (which covers 30 different things in their mind), they know "barrel", and they know "trigger". They may know "receiver", but chances are they use it wrong.

Plus imagine his age, if he truly is fairly young. I guarantee he hates himself because everyone who is older thinks they know everything and they treat him like a dumb kid.

I'd be a bit snappy and and would correct people a lot too if I had to deal with customers who don't know d*ck

I say good job for the kid

Rarely before a big purchase do customers not research a product, imagine a car or some appliance. I have no clue why so many people are clueless to firearms who want to purchase one, just research the damn thing a bit so you can act somewhat informed.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county

Since the woman appeared hell bent to use the Assault adjective, then I would bet dimes to donuts that she was from the liberal insane group.

byhova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I agree with M67. Most people are rarely up to date on products they purchase. If you listen to the media, any rifle, shotgun or other semi-auto gun is somehow an assult weapon. If you don't take the time to understand the difference and listen to the media, I can see how easy it is to be confused.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's difficult to judge what the potential customer had in mind by the OP's recitation. If her tone, mannerisms, etc. indicated her intent was to be an ***hat, then I don't have a problem with what was said. Arguing with such folks is usually fruitless (at best).

However, if she (the customer) knew father's day was coming up and her husband had been wanting one of those "assualt rifles", but just called it by the wrong name, he probably didn't help our cause much. From time-to-time, I encounter people that I know don't know much about guns...jumping on them when they confuse clip and magazine or bullet and round or whatever is not my style. I'm going to try to draw them in to our side, if I can.

4evercoltsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Goshen
    (In my best southern sheriff drawl) Ya'll are lucky boy. . . . .I'm only gonna give you a warnin' this time but the next time you misspell a word. . . . . .yer gettin the chair!!!

Ouch, didn't know I was going to be graded on my spelling and grammer. I will make sure my spelling is on par with everyone else the next time I post!

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    Good stuff! I applaud the clerk. I'm sure he was able to gauge whether or not she was being difficult. Thanks for posting this. Put a smile on my face.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I read this several times, and I keep coming back to the same thought...

OMG!!!! Walmart has AR15s in stock!!!!

Which one? (somewhere near Goshen, I would guess :dunno:)

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    The clerk handled it exactly like he should have. Like it or not language matters.

Those who are bent on limiting our freedoms try to co-opt language, bend and change meaning over time and use that as a tool to control.

"Assault rifle" is just such a term. "Liberal" is another. 'Progressive" is another.

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011

This is how it should have gone.

Customer: Oh look you do have assault rifles, how much are you asking?
    Employee: We don't have any assault rifles here.
    Employee: Those are AR-15's, not assault rifles.
    Employee: An assault rifle is something that has a selector switch so that you can go from safe to semi auto to 3 round burst or in some cases full auto. The rifles we have here switch from safe to semi auto which means when you pull the trigger you only have one round go off. So the rifles you see here are Semi-Automatic rifles, and are great guns for hunting, target practice, shooting sports, and home defense depending on your living situation. If you have any questions about firearm ownership Mam there are plenty of awesome resources available for you to educate yourself, like...

Seriously guys and gals, be polite and educational to the antis and libs about firearm ownership, if you really care about our rights. I was born in a very liberal household and wouldn't be here today without some memorable positive experiences with responsible firearm owners.

It makes all the difference.

Top Bottom