• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    First thing to do is narrow down what you want out of the gun. Second step is to nail down a budget! Once you have those two questions answered, then you can start digging. With the .308 AR platform, 1 thing to keep in mind is that it is not completely interchangeable from different manufacturers, like the ar15 is. Armalite will not work with DPMS for example, so that is something to keep in mind also.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I bought a factory Rock River LAR-8 last year. I took a standard operator, Standard Operator Link , and added a Nikon M-308 scope. Head shot on a deer at 300 yards for its first kill. Easy and quick sighting at 200 yards then used the BDC on the scope. I really like this gun and factory setup. And you can find them for $1000 +/- $200.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I just bought the Aero .308 upper/lower combo for $306. Going to piece the whole thing together. Ice Arms barrel, Aim Surplus bcg, BCM gunfighter charging handle, most of the lower/buffer assembly parts week be from MidwayUSA, Geissele SSA, Troy Alpha or Midwest SS12G2, Magpul CTR, and undecided on an optic currently.

Vendors
    Aero
    Ice Arms
    Aim Surplus
    MidwayUSA

Top Bottom