• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    mgi sells mag wells that use grease gun mags. olympic arms has another 45.

45 would be cool, but i would rather do a 9mm or 10mm. 10mm would be sweet i think

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    I have 2 friends that have Oly 45 uppers. Only bad thing is they have only 18 rnd mags that are very hard to load to 18 ,even with their tool. Mech-Tech has Glk /1911 uppers in 45acp now and XD/XDM in the near future. About $350 and you use your frame/mags. Oly will eat anything. 185 SWCL, etc.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'd really like the .45 version from that company in rushville as I just built a
    4.5" 9mm AR and I've really wanted a .45 version. But damn the price is too steep for me right now. Hopefully they will go down and I can get one and put it through its paces like my 9mm with a dedicated cmmg 9mm lower that runs flawless!

Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    I have a complete one built by Ron Williams of RMW Xtreme.
    It's a direct gas upper as opposed to blowback.
    Model is DI45. Been flawless. He does a dedicated lower with mag.
    Very professional work.

DI45_zps80bc36d3.jpg

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've got one that I picked up in a trade, and it's a lot of fun to shoot. Runs like a sewing machine. I still can't figure out what the hell it would be good for other than fun, but it is that; maybe that's good enough.

wlr2

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That is a sexy rifle! I have to say that although a .45 upper would be nice, and a custom complete unit even better, I have nothing but praise for the Hi-Point 4595 carbine. Yes, it's not the prettiest, but it puts the rounds where you want them. One thing that is a really nice bonus is that the long barrel does make it run a LOT quieter. I have run hundreds and hundreds of rounds through it and have never had a problem, it eats everything that I have fed it. Even the crappiest reloads that you find in a box from your friend's long dead uncle.
    :twocents:

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    That is a sexy rifle! I have to say that although a .45 upper would be nice, and a custom complete unit even better, I have nothing but praise for the Hi-Point 4595 carbine. Yes, it's not the prettiest, but it puts the rounds where you want them. One thing that is a really nice bonus is that the long barrel does make it run a LOT quieter. I have run hundreds and hundreds of rounds through it and have never had a problem, it eats everything that I have fed it. Even the crappiest reloads that you find in a box from your friend's long dead uncle.
    :twocents:
    +1 If you want a .45 carbine the Hi Point will serve you very well at a fraction of the cost.I'm thinking about getting the mod to make it accept 1911 mags so that I'll have reloads on me for both my carbine and carry gun.

wlr2

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It would be nice to only use standard mags in the 4595, but honestly, the factory mags are 9 rounders and have zero feed issues. I spoke with the ladies running the Hi-Point booth at the NRA conference and they advised me that I should call their support line and request the new charging handle or the "operating handle" and that they would send it free of charge.
    Free FTW !! :rockwoot:

wlr2

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    New operating handle?

Yeah, they said that they have changed the design a bit, the head of the small bolt on the handle no longer protrudes and the shape of the handle itself has changed as well. I do have to say that the charging handle on the left side kinda sucks. My left arm isn't the greatest due to MS.
    I looked on their website but they have not updated any photos as yet.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Yeah, they said that they have changed the design a bit, the head of the small bolt on the handle no longer protrudes and the shape of the handle itself has changed as well. I do have to say that the charging handle on the left side kinda sucks. My left arm isn't the greatest due to MS.
    I looked on their website but they have not updated any photos as yet.
    Please PM me when they do.I saw a Brass Stacker chargimg handle on Youtube that was right-handed but it was for the 9mm,might check them out.

Edit:It's only for the 995. :-(

Last edited:
    Top Bottom