• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I will be purchasing my 1st AR in a month or so. I'm going with the Palmetto 16" M4 MOE Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Kit. I need to know what a good price for ammo is. I prefer brass so I can save the casings for reloading later down the road. I local guy has PCM (223) for around $7 per box (20 rounds). What a good price and where's a good place to look?

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Depends how much you are looking to buy. Just a box or two, local shops are best bet. If you are looking at a bulk purchase of 500 rounds or more there are some good deals online. Usually the more you buy at one time the better deal you can get. You just have to consider shipping costs on any online order and see how it equals out to local shop prices.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Depends how much you are looking to buy. Just a box or two, local shops are best bet. If you are looking at a bulk purchase of 500 rounds or more there are some good deals online. Usually the more you buy at one time the better deal you can get. You just have to consider shipping costs on any online order and see how it equals out to local shop prices.

I'm looking to buy a few hundred rounds to start off. I'm trying to figure out a price baseline so I know what a good deal is. The shipping almost always makes or breaks a deal.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    As luck would have it, Palmetto has the cheapest ammo too, maybe you could combine shipping with your upper to save even more money.

Federal Lake City XM193 Brown Box - $5.49 per 20, brass Case, Boxer Primed, 55 Grain, Clean, and Accurate. I just bought some, and it is good stuff.
    Federal XM193C

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    As luck would have it, Palmetto has the cheapest ammo too, maybe you could combine shipping with your upper to save even more money.

Federal Lake City XM193 Brown Box - $5.49 per 20, brass Case, Boxer Primed, 55 Grain, Clean, and Accurate. I just bought some, and it is good stuff.
    Federal XM193C

Well how about that! Looks like they will get more of my money. Plus it's federal.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    every couple months Gander Mtn. has a deal on American Eagle "Tactical AR .223" 55gr. FMJ @ $29.99 for 100 rounds. This month they had 1000 rounds plus a steel ammo can for $299. I stock up and shoot it all the time. Never had a problem with it. Haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else without going online,and usually not cheaper online either. Great stuff for target practice

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    every couple months Gander Mtn. has a deal on American Eagle "Tactical AR .223" 55gr. FMJ @ $29.99 for 100 rounds. This month they had 1000 rounds plus a steel ammo can for $299. I stock up and shoot it all the time. Never had a problem with it. Haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else without going online,and usually not cheaper online either. Great stuff for target practice

I'll keep an eye out for it. I like American Eagle, I shoot it all the time in my 40 and 9.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Also watch of all places Dick's sporting goods. I have picked up Remington .223 there which functions perfectly for me for practice ammo. I have found it recently for $6.00 per box of 20 and then they have buy one get one half price. That comes out to $4.50 per box of 20 or .225 cents per round. You need to figure tax but no shipping. Also check out Profire Arms here on INGO. Andrew sells some quality ammo for a very reasonable price and he will stand behind his product.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../105656-profire_arms_and_supply_who_am_i.html

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Check out SGAmmo.com | Family Owned and Operated, Stillwater Oklahoma

I am thinking a bulk buy, one of these bad boys..

IMG_0336_0.JPG

Last edited:
    Top Bottom