• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Looking at starting to order in upper parts for my first build. Have found a nice 6.8 barrel from PSA that is listed at 14.7" . is that long enough to be legal when assembled. or would it require either a pinned or welded flash-hider. Or would I have to get an SBR stamp first?

Thanks

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Looking at starting to order in upper parts for my first build. Have found a nice 6.8 barrel from PSA that is listed at 14.7" . is that long enough to be legal when assembled. or would it require either a pinned or welded flash-hider. Or would I have to get an SBR stamp first?

Thanks

Your options would be to permanently attach a flash hider, brake, etc. to make the barrel length greater than 16" or do the appropriate paper work to SBR the gun and wait for approval BEFORE you assemble it with the 14.7" barrel.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Your options would be to permanently attach a flash hider, brake, etc. to make the barrel length greater than 16" or do the appropriate paper work to SBR the gun and wait for approval BEFORE you assemble it with the 14.7" barrel.
    Yep. A 14.7" barrel is designed to have a muzzle device permanently attached to meet the 16" minimum OAL and be as short as possible without the $200 tax stamp. I would make darn sure you get a muzzle device permanently attached before you set it on top of a lower (unless it is a pistol lower with no buttstock)

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The 14.7" barrel was designed to be able to permanently attach a standard A2 (or similar length) muzzle device and still meet legal length. The 14.5" barrel (like a true M4 uses) requires the use of an "extended" flash hider or another long-enough device.

Still needs to be permanently attached though.

Top Bottom