• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gajones06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    So I have had the itching for an AR for about the past 4 years. For the last 4 years I have had an itching for a fiveseven pistol. (Do you know where I am going yet?) So now I have finally caved in an decide to build an ar57. I want to know if anyone here has an experience with one. I also want some input on lowers and what not. I am trying to keep the build under 850, an no I'm not joking. I want to assemble as much of it myself has possible. An the child inside me really likes the zombie defense lower but I don't have to have it.

So after my paragraph rant in you have had any kid of experience with the ar57 please share!!

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have seen 5.7x28 uppers for sale a few places. You might save some money buy buying a complete upper and attaching it to you lower of choice. If I remember right the last time I saw the 5.7x28 upper in person it was $599, but they may be more or less now as its been a couple years. Good luck with your build.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I wanted to do one of these builds also. The research I did on it changed my mind. You can pick up an assembled upper assembly for $600-$700. The cost prohibitive part is the ammo. The ammo runs about 35-40 cents a round. To put the price in perspective, about $20 per 50 round magazine.
    Good luck.
    Did I mention that this round was designed as a PDW round? It was designed to be used on targets inside 100 meters.

gajones06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Well I reload so cost of ammo isnt a real problem but thank you for the kid words!

Anyone with lower suggestions? Or any other peculiar caliber to build an ar in?

Top Bottom