• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T_V

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I'm looking to build an AR. Anyonee have an idea about decent combinations to get me started?:dunno:

Last edited:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I'm looking to build an AR. Anyonee have an idea about decent combinations to get me started?:dunno:

What use? Target, range play (blasting), military M4orgery, hunting etc.... there are alot of variations in configurations including barrel lengths.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Start by reading everything you can on all of the various AR15 forums. That way you can educate yourself and be able to make wise decisions when purchasing your parts.

Any more, asking for help on a forum will just confuse you, because every Tom, Dick, and Harry that has ever slapped a bunch of parts together will tell you 1000 different things.

Take your time, read, learn, then ask questions. :twocents:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Start by reading everything you can on all of the various AR15 forums. That way you can educate yourself and be able to make wise decisions when purchasing your parts.

Any more, asking for help on a forum will just confuse you, because every Tom, Dick, and Harry that has ever slapped a bunch of parts together will tell you 1000 different things.

Take your time, read, learn, then ask questions. :twocents:

This.

It is a lot easier for us to help you if you come back with a specific goal, or better yet some specific items and ask for suggestions on them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Go to coldhandarms.com get a del-ton upper kit for 399 to 499 pick up a lower at a local gun shop for 100 or so have a working AR15 5.56 for 500-525 shipped. UPS will have mine to me today. The build takes 30 min to a hour.

Top Bottom