• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    How well does that work for you using a light mounted on the gun?

I know this wasn't directed to me, but i have one and a light mounted and it works fine. I have a G2 in a Vtac mount WAY out on the extended rail of my AR (heck I'll just post a picture)

6036212446_b1e286c700.jpg

Looking at getting an aimpoint pro on there, but Irons are "always on" too :D

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I would not suggest adding a rail section to your plastic handguard. The stock handguard is not designed for this. You can get a great aluminum "drop in" railed handguard from companies including Midwest Industries, Troy, Yankee Hill, Daniel Defense, and many others that you can attach in minutes by yourself. I am not a fan of Magpul handguard, but many people here are.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    How can you tell by looking at the rail/hand guard to tell if its at free float style.

the easiest way to tell a free float handguard is by the absence of the delta ring. This is what holds a factory handguard in place, and it comes off when installing a free float tube (with a couple of rare exceptions including one model from Daniel Defense that I know of)

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I would get a nice 2 piece drop in rail that way if you descide to mount something else in the future you will be able to. I am a fan of the magpul moe forward grip. They are small, lightweight and durable!

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    you can do either, I would just buy a rail that you like, and the magpul VFG and cut as much as you want off that to make it "stubby"

Tango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Ok, they can snag on gear and vehicles, add weight to a rifle that already has needful stuff like PEQ-15 IR, ACOG or M68 and light when needed. If you need to fire from a steadied position they always seem to be in the way. The mag well hold works as well as the VFG. There is a reason you don't see them as commonly as you once did over in Iraq and the Stan. Most of us took them off after about a month. I can understand why the AFG, hand stops and the chopped VFGs have started to become favored.

Depends on how long your rail is really, but I do understand what you're saying here.

Tango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    My opinion:

Run either a LaRue or Daniel Defense rail. Possibly KAC. Either Magpul AFG, LaRue FUG, or TangoDown vertical grip.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom