• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    I do not have one. But I personally would love to have one with the 11.5" and 5.5 flash hider, with a a3 upper. It seems that you have to piece them together though, and its complicated. I wouldn't buy a Olympic personally. I feel alot more confident in a 11.5 9mm carbine than a 223 of equal length. 9mm is heavier, will have more knockdown, not as loud, nor be as much flash than the 223. I personally drool over a MP5, or SBR 9mm, but I dont have a SBR license. I think it would be great go for it!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I went looking at one today. I just may sell my AR 15 and get one, since I can use it more than my .223.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    I had a Colt Carbine 16" Barrel back in the 80"s (wish I had it back!!) That gun was a blast to shoot. Darn accurate, I had a laser sight mounted on the carry handle and you could shoot the center out of a dime at 50 yards, dead on everytime. The other thing I enjoyed was you could shoot it from the shoulder or hip with no ear protection at all. My ears are very sensitive to gun fire but the AR 9MM never bothered me at all.

kricket37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I bought a RRA stripped lower and built that with the standard parts kit replacing the hammer and buffer. I got the hammer and buffer on the RRA website for a decent price. I ordered a RRA 9mm A4 upper in 16" CAR. The most critical piece is the block to adapt the magazine well. I got the Spike's Tactical because it was the most configurable. I found two C-Products mags (black followers) at a gun show. I have shot the gun twice but have had a lot of problems with extraction. I need to get out to the range and mess with the extractor on the magwell block. I have heard the orange follower mags are better but the original Colt mags are the best. I just can't see spending $45 / mag for the originals. The problem with the converted UZI mags, they don't hold the bolt open on the last shot.

I put a list below of the parts and places I got them. I will try to get a picture up in the near future. If you have any questions let me know. I love the gun, size and weight. Just wish I could figure the extractor issue out.

RRA Stripped Lower - Indy 1500 (~$100)
    RRA Parts Kit & Collapsible Stock - Indy 1500 (~$100)
    RRA 9mm A4 CAR Upper - AR15 Sales (~$500)
    RRA 9mm Hammer and Buffer - RRA Online Site ($45)
    Spike's Tactical Magwell Block - Spike's Tactical ($135)
    C-Products 9mm (Colt) Magazines - C-Products (~$30)

I also recommend this site for information, excellent site.
    Build Your Own 9mm AR15 Lower

Oliver08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Grant county,IN
    I have an Olympic 9mm. It runs good for what it is. only one or two ftf every 1000 rds. it takes sten mags(I think) with a 1 inch squere tubing welded to the back to fill the mag well. I is quiet. I like it.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    7.5" 9mm SBR

Picture004.jpg

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    My now deceased father inlaw gave me a NIB Colt 9mm AR 6450 years ago. I never warmed up to the AR in 9mm but probably should shoot it before i sell it. The price has dropped on the Colts, i have seen them for around $1,100.00 on Gunbroker.

Freeborn Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Memphis, IN
    I'm thinking this will be my first AR, first short barrel rifle and hopefully my first suppressed weapon! Well, I may buy a .22 can first lol. I've been cruising different forums trying to figure out my setup.

I say go for it. It seems most people who have them, love them.

Cwood nice looking rig!

Matt

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    As soon as my barrel shows.....Friday/Monday......I will have my 5" upper complete.

Mega Billet upper
    5" Spikes barrel
    7" DD Lite SSC rail (limited run rail with an enlarged OD to slide a can under)
    ADCO Ramped 9mm Bolt
    Primary Arms red dot
    Tangodown VFG
    Light - TBD

It will be a host for an eventual TM ISIS.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    9mm AR

I had a Colt 9mm AR, sold it and bought a RRA FT 9mm. Very nice

Then went Title 2 with this to a SBR Bought an RRA upper with

10.5 " Douglas BBL and a YHM Quad rail. Mag Pul CTR stock,

pistol grip. And it works great with my suppressor.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What do you guys think of a AR in a 9mm? Anyone have one? :ar15:

I have a 9mm AR15 and from what I can tell it is the answer to a question that nobody needs an answer for. Seriously, what good is a 9mm carbine rifle? Can't really hunt with it unless you are going for game animals like opossums, raccoons and rats. Not as good for home defense as a dozen other choices I can think of. Oh, its reasonably cheap to shoot, but beyond that its not really good for much.

All that said, mine is an Olympic Arms 9mm carbine, uses cheap military surplus STEN magazines. I inserted a mag-well block in mine so it uses un-modified 32 round STEN magazines. Last time I got STEN magazines they were $6 each and I stocked up.

Oly has a very clean and reliable 9mm carbine design and Colt actually tried to buy the rights to the Oly design. I've seen the documents confirming that fact. When Oly would not sell the rights to Colt then Colt went into production with their own design that is good but not great and requires a special hammer in the lower. The Oly lower uses standard mil-spec fire control parts.

I've toyed with the idea of supressing & shortening the barrel to make the gun even more fun, but even then it still is a gun that is of marginal real world utility.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I've toyed with the idea of supressing & shortening the barrel to make the gun even more fun, but even then it still is a gun that is of marginal real world utility.

In my world, "fun" has real world utility.... and the fun factor increases when you make it short and quiet. My wife, her friends, and kids enjoy shooting my 9mm AR, even if they may dislike the .223s. Not every guns purpose has to be to kill stuff, though I think this would fill that real world use quiet well if need be (and quiet certainly has its real world advantages as well). I would prefer it over a handgun....

-rvb

Top Bottom