• ...and so much more!
  • .452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I love my 9mm.... short and quiet!

dsc03288small.jpg

-rvb

:thatshot:now im contemplating getting one......i get my mind on a new firearm then i see something else and it just starts all over

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    RockRiverArmsLAR-9.jpg

RRA9MMCarbine2.jpg

RRA9MMCarbine.jpg

This is my Rock River Arms LAR-9, 9 MM Carbine. What I really like about it is it's based on a dedicated 9 MM lower, and it doesn't have the pressed in block. The entire lower is machined as a 9 MM. The gun is very well put together, and is accurate as hell. It accepts Colt, C-Products, as well as Pro Mag Polymer magazines. The problem is loading them. Without a mag loader you'll bust your thumb getting all the rounds in. If you think a 33 round Glock mag is bad, try these!

That is the worst part. When I go to the range I can't get it away from my wife. She shoots faster than I can load, and all I get out of the deal is empty brass and sore thumbs! Bill T.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Shooting buddy has the same one billt pictures above. It's a sweet shooter. We never bother to load more than 5-10 rounds per mag or it gets brutal. Last year we vaporized about 250 clays at 50 yards - cheap fun.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    On the one hand I think it'd be cool, but then I ask what would I do with it? Everything I buy eventually has to answer the question "how far away can I hit something with it". I think it'd be a fun gun, but not for what they cost. If I could get a 9mm upper for $300 or so brand new then I'd consider it, but for what they cost I just think I should be able to expect more.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    On the one hand I think it'd be cool, but then I ask what would I do with it? Everything I buy eventually has to answer the question "how far away can I hit something with it". I think it'd be a fun gun, but not for what they cost. If I could get a 9mm upper for $300 or so brand new then I'd consider it, but for what they cost I just think I should be able to expect more.

Hmm.. Steel matches. Target practice @ Pistol Caliber Ranges. Load it up with a mag of +p+ hollow points and replace that old 30/30 leaning in the corner by your back door. The possibilities are endless.

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    I was really contemplating one of these for a while. Then I decided I was going to go the MP5 clone route. Now after reading this post, I may have to try both. I really like that 9mm dedicated lower, but it restricts it to a single purpose. Too many decisions to make.

Top Bottom