• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csprig9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Need some info please. My ar has developed and issue. When you shoot it and hold the trigger down it fires but when you release the trigger to shoot again sometimes it fires off two or three shots during the trigger reset. Any ideas as to what is causing this. Thanks

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    ^^^^ This ^^^ plus check the actual disconnecter for wear or damage and the same on the hook on the back of the trigger.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Is this a factory built rifle or one you or a friend put together?
    I've seen a disconnector spring that had been installed upside down do exactly that.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I was wondering the same thing. There are guys assembling these rifles that have NO business doing so.

I take offense to that. I had no business building one, but it turned out fine. I even had to drill out of the parts to make them fit since the company I got them from did a horrible job on them. I don't like ar's much since I have to remove the duck tape to refill the clip. Plus the way this shoots I would be better off just throwing it at the target!

armess.jpg

Ron

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    It's factory built

I'd make a phone call to the manufacture before messing with anything too much and inform them.
    I had a buddy with a similar problem on an aftermarket trigger and it got taken care of right away with no real burden to him and it was a simple deal. I would assume if you call most companies with this issue and their rifle they are going to jump on it!

csprig9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Well, it was too easy, contacted manufacturer and they said send in the lower or we will send you a fcg and you can put it in and see if it fixes it. So there mailing me the fcg and I'm gonna replace it and see what happens. May have just got my new fcg for my next build if I only have to replace a spring that was then problem...

Top Bottom