• ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Love my WML. Hasn’t broken thus far! :dunno:

If you look at the picture you can see it has no throw. Not that it breaks or has a design flaw. The cohesive beam of the owl and the hlx make that bright well defined center, this allows the light to be effective further out. The wmlx is like a ball of light while the owl and hlx are a beam.

The wml is ok, but it's lacking compared to the streamlight and the owl

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Inforce lights are nothing but airsoft toys. They DO NOT hold up, and fail miserably often. Travis Haley should apologize to the world.

****ing autocorrect.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Have the ProTac rail mount 2 since they came out (625 lumens). No issues and wouldn’t hesitate to buy again or the higher power hlx.
    I contemplate picking up a SureFire every now and again just because but so far have resisted the urge. For the price point I don’t think you can go wrong. I also like that you get both the tail cap switch and the pressure switch and mount so you can play around and find what works best for you. I have LaRue index clips that stow the pressure switch wire well but I had a couple of incidents where I kicked on the switch either transporting the rifle or storing it and the batteries were dead. I have reverted back to the tail cap but can definitely see the benefit of the pressure switch during certain activities. It’s also possible to inadvertently bump/activate the tape switch if you’re not careful so having both options for the same price is nice.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Have the ProTac rail mount 2 since they came out (625 lumens). No issues and wouldn’t hesitate to buy again or the higher power hlx.
    I contemplate picking up a SureFire every now and again just because but so far have resisted the urge. For the price point I don’t think you can go wrong. I also like that you get both the tail cap switch and the pressure switch and mount so you can play around and find what works best for you. I have LaRue index clips that stow the pressure switch wire well but I had a couple of incidents where I kicked on the switch either transporting the rifle or storing it and the batteries were dead. I have reverted back to the tail cap but can definitely see the benefit of the pressure switch during certain activities. It’s also possible to inadvertently bump/activate the tape switch if you’re not careful so having both options for the same price is nice.
    Thanks for the input Nigel! Hoping to see the gang at another carbine event this year.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    How much throw do you really need? How far out do you need to identify for self defense carbine work in the dark?

Throw isn't all about distance, it's usable light at all ranges. Even at the 10ft range in my picture you can see the difference in light quality and concentration. Better light equals faster positive target ID.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes, and it also can night blind you in smaller spaces, especially those with light colors. Walls, the cover you are behind, concrete, gravel, etc. can all splash back enough light to temporarily disrupt your vision all together.

I have to be very careful moving with a punny older X300 around my small house with white walls. Not to mention getting light switch happy around mirrors or window glass.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Yes, and it also can night blind you in smaller spaces, especially those with light colors. Walls, the cover you are behind, concrete, gravel, etc. can all splash back enough light to temporarily disrupt your vision all together.

I have to be very careful moving with a punny older X300 around my small house with white walls. Not to mention getting light switch happy around mirrors or window glass.

If you say so.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    If you look at the picture you can see it has no throw. Not that it breaks or has a design flaw. The cohesive beam of the owl and the hlx make that bright well defined center, this allows the light to be effective further out. The wmlx is like a ball of light while the owl and hlx are a beam.

The wml is ok, but it's lacking compared to the streamlight and the owl

I have a couple surefires and some lower end streamlights, but I like the WML for its simplicity and low weight. It doesn’t throw much light, which is fine for what I’m doing.

However, now you have me looking at buying a hl-x! INGO is the worst! :spend:

TitanUp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Carmel
    I have a sure fire light with a pressure switch and IR lense that an army buddy gave me when he retired it from his duty weapon. He knew the armorer and was able to keep it rather than have to turn it back in. I’ll look to see what model it is. I figured if it’s good enough for active military, it’s more than good enough for my HD use. Now I just need money to fund an IR optics...

Top Bottom