• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87bluejay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Looking to build first AR......have a stripped lower receiver and looking for lower parts kit. Are they all same quality? Any suggestions/feedback greatly appreciated! Thanks!

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    No, I've gotten a PTAC LPK from PSA before and shine of the parts were rusty and the trigger didn't drop into the lower. A little sanding though and the trigger went right in.

Since then I have only bought PSA LPKs. Get products at great prices.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I've used a Spikes Enhanced and several CMMGs. The CMMGs have always built up nice and the trigger has been pretty crisp. I've been pretty pleased with the outcome of the CMMGs and I've used them on 3 or 4 lowers

The Spikes Enhanced was pretty nice too but the price increase comes from the KNS pins, ambi safety, and the nickel boron trigger and hammer.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've used a Spikes Enhanced and several CMMGs. The CMMGs have always built up nice and the trigger has been pretty crisp. I've been pretty pleased with the outcome of the CMMGs and I've used them on 3 or 4 lowers

The Spikes Enhanced was pretty nice too but the price increase comes from the KNS pins, ambi safety, and the nickel boron trigger and hammer.
    :+1: to CMMG.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I looked at the spikes enhanced because I love the kns pins kit and all, idk about the grip with it but I'll check out the cmmg and I'm now subbed in for whatever else is to come! Trying to figure this kinda thing out myself

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've been thinking about getting a parts kit for the purpose of having the parts on hand.
    do you guys keep spare parts kits around? or barrels?

Saber

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just put one together with the cmmg parts.
    Nice finish on all the parts.
    Took a little tension off the trig spring.
    Greased everything up, smooth and crisp!

PiccoloPlayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    With pre-packaged kits....can you substitute 'upgraded' items, i.e. trigger, safety, etc.. with little trouble?
    Yes. Just a matter of installing your upgraded part and throwing the original trigger, safety, etc. in a spare parts box/bin.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Wilson is $50 with no trigger if you want to use something else like a giessele or an ar gold.
    dd is $100 with a trigger.
    just a couple more options for you.

or go with palmetto, spikes, cmmg, etc... They're all fine.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't want to put a $150-$250 trigger in my rifle like the Geissele but that is also because I haven't shot one… So I think I will choose to not be enlightened or have my eyes opened to the wonder of it and save my money as a result, as least for now! I have not shot really any rifles with "fancy" triggers to be honest though.
    However after looking into some of the the lpk's here I have to say I read some good reviews on the spikes and its trigger opposed to others for the slight price bump the cost savings is nice when looked at as a whole too or other lpk with geissele (even though I am sure the geissele blows spikes out of the water). I don't need a match quality trigger I wouldn't say, but when my pocketbook reflects a Geissele or something of the sorts I am sure I'll have to take the plunge!

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    And when SHTF and your $200 trigger breaks, where will you get spare parts?

plenty more USGI spares out there to be had!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    And when SHTF and your $200 trigger breaks, where will you get spare parts?

plenty more USGI spares out there to be had!

If **** hit the fan, I wouldn't be relying on an ar. Direct impingement isn't exactly the most long term reliable thing out there in dirty conditions.

Top Bottom