• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SwiftStorm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Kokomo
    Found a local tool and die shop making some custom lowers. Is there anything specific to check.

These are billet, and the guy making them has been a td maker for many years and is pretty good.

Thanks

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Wouldn't it be a Class 1 Type 7 FFL?

OP, If he doesn't have an FFL I wouldn't even acknowledge he is making them. Wouldn't want the BATFE to come knocking on your door since you posted on the internet asking about them.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Yeah, like others have said. The lower is not just a part, it is the gun as far as BATFE is concerned. You are able to make one for yourself (IIRC) but as soon as you make one to be sold you need to be going through a lot of procedure (serialize, have the proper FFL classification....)

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Wouldn't it be a Class 1 Type 7 FFL?

OP, If he doesn't have an FFL I wouldn't even acknowledge he is making them. Wouldn't want the BATFE to come knocking on your door since you posted on the internet asking about them.

I always thought it was class 3 for manufacturing of firearms???

bberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    quentin-laser.com they are still accepting orders for 80% lowers. More importantly their prices aren't astronomical and they fit the bill true billet machined 80% lowers. mine are already ordered, there is a back log of orders so I wouldn't delay.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yeah, I know what back logged means but that was almost a month ago and I am betting he has taken orders for quite a few lowers since then. If he is now out to 30 weeks then I'm not interested. I will try to contact him.

bberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Sorry I didn't get back sooner, and yes I would say he is more backlogged now. exactly how much I don't know. I do know they are very busy and am impressed that he's not taking advantage of the current market conditions. on top of that the product is pretty darn nice. I don't mind waiting for a good product and I helped back log him further when myself and a few friends added 11 more for him to make!

Top Bottom