• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have the Millet 1-4x scope and do not like it. I had it on my 5.56 AR and didn't like it so i thought I would try it on the 458 socom. It holds up fine to the recoil but it is just to heavy for what it offers. If you have any concerns about weight then get a small red dot or stick with iron sights. I will be putting a mirco red dot of some sort on the 5.56 and probably a luepold 2.5-8 on the Socom.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Just gonna throw another spoke in the wrench because I just learned about the product. What about the Primary Arms 1-4x Illuminated scope?

I saw a primary arms red dot and it WASN'T that great. It had battery issues and dimmed in the cold.

Buy once cry once. I can't say that enough. I've got so much crap that I don't want to put on anything because it's junk.

Go with the aimpoint. They do not disappoint.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Something I've been considering is the Vortex StrikeFire. Been trying to learn a little more about them and get some feedback from those who've owned them. Thanks for those who've posted in this thread as it applies to my needs at this time as well.

GreenfieldGunny

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    They PROs are sold out at that price. I'll keep you guys updated if they get more.

Thank You! Only site I have found with them is skdtac.com for $400, every time they have had them in stock they are sold out, if they are really even out yet.

Joz86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    NWI-Lowell
    I have had a lot of luck on eBay for parts lately. People are still tight for cash and seem to be parting accessories out for cheap.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    The only reason I don't want to go the ebay route is that there are too many clones out there. And they look damn close to the real thing.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    OMG another Ford vs Chevy moment...... How about just trying them and seeing which one you like better. Both (EOTech and Aimpoint) are built to "mil-spec" standards and are used in combat. I have used both and like both. Look at the type of shooting you are going to be doing and see what you like better in target transition and acquisition.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I would go with a cheap red dot knock off at the 1500 if not going with "Ford or Chevy".

Last edited:

latham17

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    indy
    Trijicon AccuPoint 1-4x24, is what i deem perfect for my rifle!! 1x setting is just like a red dot but still has up to 4x capibility...best of both worlds in one package!

Top Bottom