• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smith7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    ft wayne
    Ok so I'm looking to put together and very "low cost" AR 15 decent for targets and overall fun factor. I have been reading info all over the net, and come to the conclusion that i need INGO's help. So if you don't mind reading the same thread, that has been started over and over again, I could use some help. If you do mind, I understand if you have better use of your time :).

So here is what i found so far:

Is this upper/barrel combo decent, do i need chrome lined?

PTAC 16" M4 5.56 NATO 1:8 Phosphate Upper - No BCG or CH

BCG and charging handle

Palmetto State Armory 5.56 Premium Bolt Carrier Group with 7075 Charging Handle

Lower parts build kit

Palmetto State Armory Classic Lower Build Kit

What am I missing, rear sight, what else??

Thanks again for your time, any advice would be great!

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    You'll still need the lower itself, rear sight, a magazine, and ammo. It will be a fun range toy/plinker. Will shoot around 4-6 moa with irons if you do your part.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Not sure about Fort Wayne but you can usually find Anderson lowers around here for 50 bucks. Might be one to look for at an lgs.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    you dont need a chrome lined barrel, or a chrome/NiB BCG - having them will make cleaning easier, but that really isnt an issue.

maybe my pricing is a bit dated, but that seems liek a damn good price for your LPK - with stock/buffer, grip - thats awesome!

i WOULD look for a wylde barrel - they are more accurate with 223 than a 556 barrel is, which means more fun for less money in my book. if it is cost prohibitive, then i wouldnt worry about it, just a thought.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    People always seem to talk down the Ptac's. I don't have any experience and don't know why.

I have used several PTAC lower build kits and the standard trigger was grittier than the PSA kits. The receiver extension is not "mil spec" but it functions. For the most part PTAC parts are just manufactured to a lower cost point. The trigger can be improved by light stoning and I have not heard of a receiver extension failure on a range gun. I think PTAC is ok for a low cost build but other brands are available for slightly more than the PTAC brand.

smith7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    ft wayne
    Thanks all for the insight. I didn't pull the trigger on theupper/ barrel before the sale was over. I will wait for the next deal. This is definitely a toy on the cheap, but if any of you have had good luck with a particular set up, feel free to share. Thanks again.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    There is an FFL located in Wabash that sells the PSA pictogram lower on armslist for $65. I cannot vouch for them but have considered it a couple of times.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    No tools needed to install a complete upper, but the lower, you'll need a set of roll pin punches. That's about it for the lower. I bought a cheap set of roll pin punches at Harbor Freight right on Coliseum and State.

Top Bottom