• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Angled foregrip is fine (although I like the hand stop idea for my upcoming pistol build).

I'm really glad I am part of a local gun club- I don't expect much company with my schedule and the rules are quite reasonable best as I can tell

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I believe certain ones were limited to 10 rds. As per 922R. But different story altogether.
    Pistols have no mag capacity under 922R regulation.

pertains to rifles, if it’s a pistol (Cugir Draco, Zenith Z5rs, etc) as imported it can take a 30 rounder and be as “normal” as a giant pistol can be, however rifles (WASR10, For example ) can ONLY accept 10 round magazines as imported, any work on rifle (hog out magwell, ditch the stock, etc) and 922R applies

If I were frequenting a range that was anal about 922r I would find a different place to shoot tho, but that’s a different story all together

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The WASR-10 is imported as a sporting rifle, stripped of any military items. Century Arms replaces the trigger, hammer, and gas piston. The parts come from Romania, but it satisfies the gun as being American made, and not subject to sporting laws. The magazine wells are machined to accept a 30 round double stacked mag. Bayonet lugs are rewelded on. I'm not sure if they're sold with a 10 round mag, but I'm not aware why they couldn't. I do know it's a favorite of the Cartel and a lot of what goes to Mexico is from straw buys here. If there are restrictions, it would be directly related to the straw buys.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Vertical grip ok on pistol if total length is at least 26". Doesn't include removable muzzle devices. Can't conceil pistol with vertical grip.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    This would make virtually every pistol in use not a pistol since most come with 15 round mags or more.

Yup, the guy needs to learn the laws.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I take pleasure in asking the ding bat to show me the law in writing. So far, I've only had one person who was able to do so.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Looked up 922R. Applies to rifles, not pistols. ATF lists 20 parts. Of these 20, rifle can't have more than 10 imported parts. If a rifle has 12 of these parts, only 2 need to be switched to US made parts. Some importers like to keep at 9, in case you want to add something. I don't see any problem with adding a high capacity US made mag to this platform. Or replacing an import 'sporting' mag with an import high capacity mag. Cancels out.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Awaiting the name of the range...

I went to Point Blank yesterday and bought an inexpensive .22 pistol and they were really trying to pump me for my email address. Their 'manager' or floor supervisor even tried to tell me that it's needed for the 4473. I was adamant that they have all the information they need when they cuck under to the ATF so they can kick in my door, THEN, he tried convincing me that they emailed out their deals to us. If it wasn't for the .22 being half the cost because of a loose front sight (which I fixed with Loctite lol), I would have walked out.

I've been using up the 'free range time' cards that I've collected and have heard some idiotic and stupid things from the RSOs there. One shot every 5 seconds, which was rescinded by another RO who said it was every other second. They jumped me at another session for doing doubles with my AR, hitting within a 3x5 card at 15 yards, but two stalls over, two Carmelites were goofing off on their lunch break and waving guns at everything that moved. No Wolf/Tula, BrownBear .223 etc... but M193 (which is hard as heck on any plates/backstop, etc...) is allowed. No more than 10 rounds in a mag (which is where this might stem from) but then a guy a few rows down let the RO shoot his AR9 with a full 33 rounder jammed in it.

When I'm asked by businesses for my email or phone.
    I don't have email.
    My phone is 999-999-9999

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Where do they find these people? I had an employee at a local gun store that no ranges in the area would allow you to shoot an AK, because they're too inaccurate.

Complete hogwash. Either he's lying, or willfully ignorant.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    I went to Point Blank last Monday took a couple AR pistols with 30 round mags and KAK braces (which I shouldered), ran a couple double taps from a resting position and never had an issue from the RO.
    Like someone stated before they sent out deals and free range time... I didn’t have an issue with them having my email

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Vertical grip ok on pistol if total length is at least 26". Doesn't include removable muzzle devices. Can't conceil pistol with vertical grip.

These stocks ok if it doesn't exceed 13.5" from end of buttstock to center of trigger.

Correctamundo. The ATF, in past letters and cases, have shown that arm braces go out of brace territory and into stock territory if the LOP (measured with a framing square) is over 13.5". If you have a folding brace, whether the gun is still functional or not with it folded, OAL is measured with the brace folded, not opened. Clear as mud, lol

The VFG on 26"+ makes it a firearm and no longer a pistol and concealment turns it into an AOW.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Correctamundo. The ATF, in past letters and cases, have shown that arm braces go out of brace territory and into stock territory if the LOP (measured with a framing square) is over 13.5". If you have a folding brace, whether the gun is still functional or not with it folded, OAL is measured with the brace folded, not opened. Clear as mud, lol

The VFG on 26"+ makes it a firearm and no longer a pistol and concealment turns it into an AOW.

Just clarifying, OAL of weapon with a forward vertical grip is measured folded.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    And here's the link.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/05/24/oal-brace-folded/

"I spoke with Mr. Benson and he confirmed that 20 armed ATF agents came with a search and seizure warrant in March. Unfortunately, The Freedom Shoppe is part of a converted garage attached to his home so agents went through his entire house. The ATF took a number of firearms and customer records. They have since sent out letters notifying past customers to turn their firearms in to the ATF."

Top Bottom