• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Ran across this thread since I'm also considering a 11.5 BCM complete pistol. So what did you end up deciding on? What lower did you put it on. Also curious to hear how it's run so far and how you like it? Thanks in advance!

You'll quickly learn that I'm mostly all talk.

I've not yet purchased an upper.

It'll be going on an Aero lower...eventually.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Ran across this thread since I'm also considering a 11.5 BCM complete pistol. So what did you end up deciding on? What lower did you put it on. Also curious to hear how it's run so far and how you like it? Thanks in advance!

I'll jump in here. I have a 11.5" BCM enhanced lightweight upper with fluted barrel and I couldn't be happier.

I went with 11.5" over 12.5" because like someone else said, the point was a to go with a compact, lightweight package and I just didn't see much benefit in going another inch.

6Pch5eq.jpg

I built the lower on a stripped Anderson receiver, with BCM enhanced lpk with single stage polished nickel enhanced trigger. Pistol stabalizing brace is the KAK shockwave.

This thing runs like a sewing machince. I've had it about a year now and haven't gotten out beyond 50 yards yet, but I hope to test ot at 200 and 300 yards at a carbine class next month.

oAAJLQ8.jpg

gBwyh1F.jpg

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I'll jump in here. I have a 11.5" BCM enhanced lightweight upper with fluted barrel and I couldn't be happier.

I went with 11.5" over 12.5" because like someone else said, the point was a to go with a compact, lightweight package and I just didn't see much benefit in going another inch.

I built the lower on a stripped Anderson receiver, with BCM enhanced lpk with single stage polished nickel enhanced trigger. Pistol stabalizing brace is the KAK shockwave.

This thing runs like a sewing machince. I've had it about a year now and haven't gotten out beyond 50 yards yet, but I hope to test ot at 200 and 300 yards at a carbine class next month.

Sounds like a very nice setup, thanks for sharing your experience. Good luck at your carbine class, let us know how it ran since you'll probably be putting hundreds of rounds thru it in a short time frame. I think you've laid out a strategy for me.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    11.5" fluted BCM pistol build using Aero upper and lower + VSeven titainium goodness to make it a light weight Run-n-Gun weapon. I have a Spikes ST-T2 buffer in it now. Ran rounds through it yesterday and it did great!
    27a00a233798e3d8227f71a9b51aa699.jpg

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My SBR wears an 11.5 inch BCM upper with KMR rail and has been great. That being said it benefitted from a heavier buffer (I think H-1) but also going to a slightly stiffer buffer spring (Geissele Super 42).

Just realize that a shorter barrel length is a little more harsh on parts (especially if suppressed), so keep a few extras on hand. For example, before I went with the heavier buffer spring and buffer I sheared off a buffer retainer pin. Not a huge deal but something to consider if you are going to trust your life or someone else's to it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I get a lot of enjoyment out of 5.56 through a 7.5" on an sbr. 3 to 4 inch groups with mil surp 62gr. I run more subtle 223 when I have the can on it and it's easyish on the ears without hearing pro.

SfUhqxc.jpg

Top Bottom