• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdirt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I've got a question tha I'm sure has probably been asked before. Actually 2 questions. Can I build an AR pistol with a stripped lower that I purchased normally? By "normally" I mean I bought a spikes lower & had it transferred at a local shop about 2 years ago. I didn't mention anything about it being built as a rifle or pistol. My 2nd question is does said lower need to be marked as a pistol, or will any lower be ok? I want to make sure that I am in no way veering towards the SBR side of things.

Thanks,

Jim

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I've got a question tha I'm sure has probably been asked before. Actually 2 questions. Can I build an AR pistol with a stripped lower that I purchased normally? By "normally" I mean I bought a spikes lower & had it transferred at a local shop about 2 years ago. I didn't mention anything about it being built as a rifle or pistol. My 2nd question is does said lower need to be marked as a pistol, or will any lower be ok? I want to make sure that I am in no way veering towards the SBR side of things.

Thanks,

Jim

As long as the lower was transfered as "other" on the 4473 you're golden. If it was transferred as a long gun(it shouldn't have) it would not be legal to build an AR pistol with it.

The lower doesn't need to be marked as a pistol.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Yes if it was a stripped lower when you got it it would be a "receiver" in the FFL's bound book and 4473...at least it should be that way.

Top Bottom