• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Local shop has a Windham, ME LEO/Gov marked XM15-E25. Fixed Carry handle upper with what looks like a 14.5 barrel that has been pinned to 16. What's something like this worth. They have it marked at 579.99

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Seems fair, perhaps even low. Any mags that come with it?

I'm informally tracking prices for my father in law. You might be able to get the parts and assemble one for less, but not by much. And not right away.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In that case, you could probably do a budget build and save $100 or so, if you take your time and get some deals. Or check out the classifieds. Sometimes there are sub-$600 ARs.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Psa is running some deals for the nra show. Might be able to save a bit. That's not a horrible deal though, and you don't have to wait for parts.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    It is. Windham was founded by former Bushmaster employees after Remington bought the company.
    It's a bit deeper and more complicated than that.. The same company that bought Remington bought Bushmaster. They kept making Bushmasters in Windham ME for a while, then shut down the plant and moved their operations to Texas. Once the former owner of Bushmasters non competiton clause ran out, he used the same exact building and hired back all his old employees that were laid off and started Windham. Short of it: Windham is Bushmaster, the current named Bushmasters only share the name. Difftent company, difftent owners, different products, different employees, different location.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Went to get a better look at it. It is a bushmaster made in Windham Maine not the newer New York ones. It has the 16" dissapator upper on it.

That's why it is so cheap, the fixed carry handle and the dissy upper......that upper was not very popular, although I did not like them at first, they kinda grew on me a little.
    I think that is a heck of deal on a well made rifle.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Went to get a better look at it. It is a bushmaster made in Windham Maine not the newer New York ones. It has the 16" dissapator upper on it.

bushmaster's haven't been made in windham for a while(i think its been at least 2 years) is it a used gun?

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Well I ended up buying it, and for less than marked. Think I got a pretty good deal considering the magazines and extra furniture that also came with. I should have pictures posted tomorrow

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Well I ended up buying it, and for less than marked. Think I got a pretty good deal considering the magazines and extra furniture that also came with. I should have pictures posted tomorrow

Congrats OP, people talk a lot of smack about the older Bushmasters but most people have 0 problems. I have seen several torture tests that ran them hard! Can't wait to see a picture of that badboy!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have a Bushy AR, and have had 0 issues with it, they did make good rifles, I guess the "New Bushmaster" Windham Weaponry AR's are supposed to be even better than the Windham made Bushy's.

Anyway congrats on your new toy.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN

Don't know why the picture is upside down, but anyways... I took her out to the range Saturday morning. Put 120 rounds of steel cased MFS ammo and then probably another 150 of brass ZQI with out any problems. I was pretty well zeroed at 50 yards and made some decent progress at 100 yards. Need to work on my grouping at that distance.

Top Bottom