• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    My birthday is at the end of the month, and I am considering purchasing an AR. I have already bought a lower, but I want to go ahead and buy a full rifle as well.

The local shop has plenty of AR's in stock and I was wondering about their pricing. It seems fair to me, at least in the current market. They have M&P15's as well as Bushmaster M4's and Rifles for $1195. They have DPMS M4's for $800 something, but I want something of a little higher quality. Are these good prices for these rifles or would I be better off looking elsewhere?

huawilso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    New Castle, In
    I would say those are good prices considering the fret of an AWB. The Bushmaster or DPMS are good rifles. I own 4 DPMS's and a Bushmaster. My Bushmaster is in 9MM I have not had any problems with either. I would say take you pick and welcome to the black rifle craze.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I either have owned or currently own all three of those brands, they are all good. If you're thinking the DPMS may not be up to quality they are. They are all mil. spec. plus I like their finish, it's a deeper black than the bushmasters. The S&W M&P is also deep black. You can't go wrong with any of the three. I have never had a problem with any of them. I have had problems with Knights Manufacturing and Olympic Arms. I would stay away from those two.:twocents:

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have a Bushmaster and have had no problems at all with mine. Like it enough that I put a new Eotech on mine. Sorry guys, old eyes and iron sights.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    All of those brands you mentioned are high quality. It doesn't get much better, unless you want to spend a lot more money. Those prices are fair (seem to be pre-election). Your LGS must be a secret because all of the others are sold out or have much higher prices than those. I'd say buy one of each. Sell two on Gunbroker and you'll then have one for free :)

Nwatson99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Princeton IN.
    What is everyones opinion of the Bushmaster or M&P? Anyone prefer one over the other?

Thanks for all the help so far.

M&P would be my suggestion between the two listed, but the DPMS is nothing to rule out or sneeze about I have several of them myself and they are top shelf rifles.

Now if you want the highest of the quality, then go with the LMT made in the communist republic or ILL.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Those brands are all fine middle-tier ARs. I do not think I would wait until the end of the month however. Too bad your birthday wasn't in October. ;-)

AR15.COM is a good place to spend some time if you're just getting into the AR.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Bushmasters are among the top rated of the ARs. At the Holt Rd show (Stout Field) there were a ton of Bushies all at $1395 or higher.

If you run across any Rock River ARs in the same price range, jump on it. They are the top rated AR. Not bad for a recent entry into the field that used to be dominated by the top rated ABC group. (Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt)

maxcoen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    North Side
    Those are all great AR's and seem like good prices for complete rifles. I have a RRA and a DPMS and working on another DPMS I like the DPMS best for the price.

If you want to save a few bucks just keep looking online and buy your upper and lower separate. No tax and there are still some good buys out there. Getting harder to find though.

I do think if your patient and dont need it now you could save a bunch of money in 6 months when there is no ban and all the manufactures are caught up. Or if your to worried about the ban just get ahold of another lower and wait the lower is really the "Gun" and what would be in jeapordy.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I saw this on GunBroker.com this evening:

Bushmaster 18 in Flat top A3 XM XM15 AR15 with a BIN price of $1,000.00. A good buy in todays market.

Top Bottom