• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've been scouring the internet and banging my head against the desk trying to find my options for a 9mm barrel for my AR SBR build.

Spike's used to offer a 5" LOTHAR WALTER tri-lug barrel, but it has went missing from their site. I see no listings of it anywhere else.

I've found a few 10" barrels around, and a few 7.3" barrels around (in the CMMG 9mm pistol upper), but haven't been able to locate anything shorter than that.

So what gives? What are my options?

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    You can have it done by our guy for $75.00 out the door. He has done everything from 4" to 28". Anything over 26" is extra because it is much harder for him to do.

Wow, that sounds pretty darn reasonable to me.

Guess I've been making this harder than I had to. At least this way I run the gun with the stock barrel while I wait for the tax stamp to come in.

When the time comes, do I need to drop the barrel off with you or BGF?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So you get a barrel with a random twist rate and metal type?

I've never seen a 9mm barrel with a twist rate other than 1x10. As to metal type, I'm not one to get wrapped around the axle about that, especially in a pistol-caliber carbine. I have 4140, 4150 and stainless barrels in my 5.56 ARs, and they all shoot well.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I bought a 5" TROS 3 lug barrel. Read good stuff online! Kinda old school, send him a check in the mail, wait a month. But I've heard they are entirely worth the wait! Should be receiving it soon.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've never seen a 9mm barrel with a twist rate other than 1x10. As to metal type, I'm not one to get wrapped around the axle about that, especially in a pistol-caliber carbine. I have 4140, 4150 and stainless barrels in my 5.56 ARs, and they all shoot well.

I'm fairly new to the AR game... but I'm certain I seen some rated other than 1:10.

YHM 1x14
    Olympic 1x16

Last edited:

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    If your looking for a 5" TROS 3lug barrel, shoot me an IM.

I have a used one in the parts bin. Round count is around 8k and the only flaw is some of the finish stripped off when I left it to soak in Carbon Cutter too long, easily remedied with the paint or coating of your choosing.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    If your looking for a 5" TROS 3lug barrel, shoot me an IM.

I have a used one in the parts bin. Round count is around 8k and the only flaw is some of the finish stripped off when I left it to soak in Carbon Cutter too long, easily remedied with the paint or coating of your choosing.

Poopy, I keep waiting each time he says it'll be a bit longer... But he already cashed my check!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Wow, that sounds pretty darn reasonable to me.

Guess I've been making this harder than I had to. At least this way I run the gun with the stock barrel while I wait for the tax stamp to come in.

When the time comes, do I need to drop the barrel off with you or BGF?

If you go this route, let me know and I'll pull the barrel for you when the time comes.

Top Bottom