• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Solo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Millennium Falcon
    You had a gun that doesn't exist, and it was stolen??

Lol.. Ya kinda scary. Are the police legit in Indy? No offense to any LE folks on here, but between that conversation about my rifles manufacturer not existing and the crew they sent to my house to investigate the crime scene and the length of time it took them to get there when I told the dispatch I was armed and wasn't sure if the thieves were still in the house...It left something to be desired.

Last edited:

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Your problem is BROAD RIPPLE. Get the hell out of there. every other week there is a shooting and people getting mugged on the way home from bars and people getting robbed. It is now a hot spot for those types of people that do the bad stuff, no longer a "college town" area. Lots of thug wanna be's and all that. move north.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Your rifle was successfully entered into NCIC as a stolen firearm. The way the system works, there would be a stolen "hit" on that firearm no matter what manufacturer was put into the search field. It gets a little complicated from here, but there is a "miscelaneous" field in the stolen "hit" return where the full description and correct manufacturer will be noted if the manufacturer is not available in it's respective field....if that makes sense.

With the gunshow coming up this weekend, I would keep an eye out for some "mopes" trying to sell an AR style rifle. It's up to you to decide what a "mope" may look like. If not there, then it will likely be sold on the street for a twenty-spot and some Jolly Ranchers :rolleyes:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    In my short time on the streets of Indy, I have come across AR style rifles on mopes only twice and neither were stolen...or at least not reported as such.

Mr Solo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Millennium Falcon
    Your rifle was successfully entered into NCIC as a stolen firearm. The way the system works, there would be a stolen "hit" on that firearm no matter what manufacturer was put into the search field. It gets a little complicated from here, but there is a "miscelaneous" field in the stolen "hit" return where the full description and correct manufacturer will be noted if the manufacturer is not available in it's respective field....if that makes sense.

With the gunshow coming up this weekend, I would keep an eye out for some "mopes" trying to sell an AR style rifle. It's up to you to decide what a "mope" may look like. If not there, then it will likely be sold on the street for a twenty-spot and some Jolly Ranchers :rolleyes:

thanks for the info! I have a decent idea what a "mope" looks like...they visit/case my house daily selling peanut butter cups and telling me how they iz trying to go to college.

or a bag of Skittles, Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail, and some 'Tussin

too soon? :):

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I have an uncle in San Diego. It is such a nice place, great weather and percimon plants!!!!!!!! Mmmm
    Hey at least they responded! You know what Oakland would say if you called them after getting burglarized... please fill out a complaint form! Call us back if you see anyone still in the house! LOL

From what I had gathered from previous threads cops don't run the numbers for you over the internet or phone You have to take the gun to them (station) in person so they can keep it if it is stolen.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Sorry to hear that. About 2 yrs ago my friend had his keltec sub-2000 stolen in the ripple.
    He had it in the trunk, in a bag. The thieves had hit several cars in the parking lot, including his.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Yeah, I can't really run a gun. We have to do it through the control operators and if there is a stolen hit and I don't have the gun in hand.....bad juju for me.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Leave. Broad Ripple has always been a hot spot of theft. Its the classic haves and have nots that don't want to work for a living.

Broad ripple is surrounded by sh!@hole neiborhoods !!!! I would never live in Marion county again in my life unless forced financially.. Johnson,Morgan,Hendricks ,Hancock counties are all close and have a lot less criminal element along with lower population densities...

Your problem is BROAD RIPPLE. Get the hell out of there. every other week there is a shooting and people getting mugged on the way home from bars and people getting robbed. It is now a hot spot for those types of people that do the bad stuff, no longer a "college town" area. Lots of thug wanna be's and all that. move north.

:rolleyes:

Say the people who don't live in or near Broad Ripple.

I'm guessing the closer you live to Broad Ripple village the worse the crime. I lived south of Kessler and only had trouble with the 'solicitors' during the day who would scope out who wasn't home at the time. And there was the guy standing in the dark on my back porch that scared the **** out of me...make sure you have at least a good and bright flashlight on hand. A security system really would be a good idea to have if you stay in that area.

Well then, we must be neighbors!

Actually, the only issue I had was before I moved CLOSER (farther North) towards Broad Ripple. Some idiots stole a bike, we got it back from them via Craigslist the next day :lmfao:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Someone emptied out my garage and took an old Sears lever action out of my trunk. Never saw any of my stuff again but one thing the smarter crooks do is take the stuff they steal out of town to unload.

My ex lived in Broadripple for a short while just off of College on a second floor. She wasn't there a couple of weeks and someone put a ladder up to her second floor window to rip her off. Theft seems to be very high in the Ripple and it has gotten the reputation of drunks and thieves.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Has Broad Ripple really gotten that bad or is it just the perception of those that don't live there, or even in the area? I moved away from Indiana about 2 years ago. Before that I was at Butler. Being so close, I went to Broad Ripple often. Even late at night, I always felt safe. At least when I was there it was just a bunch of drunk college kids, most of whom were never anywhere near a problem to me or others around them.

ryancantshoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    The City
    Has Broad Ripple really gotten that bad or is it just the perception of those that don't live there, or even in the area? I moved away from Indiana about 2 years ago. Before that I was at Butler. Being so close, I went to Broad Ripple often. Even late at night, I always felt safe. At least when I was there it was just a bunch of drunk college kids, most of whom were never anywhere near a problem to me or others around them.
    Perception. BR is known as an area preferred by educated granola liberals/liberal young people so you know how that'll play on a gun forum. Real estate is also relatively expensive compared to most of the city and surrounding suburbs so there is some class envy intertwined no doubt. Butler wouldn't house their upper class college kids in Broad Ripple if it was some kind of war zone. It doesn't have Carmel money but it's not a suburban sprawl of strip malls like Carmel, either.

BR allegedly took a turn for the worse a few years ago (I wasn't here at that time) but police stepped their patrols up and it's fine now. There are still incidents in BR of course, but you have to appreciate that it's "the" spot in Indy for most young people. Lots and lots of people frequent BR on the weekends. Compare the weekend foot traffic to crime ratio with any other part of the city that doesn't bore people to death and one can only conclude that it's a very safe area.

Also, almost all incidents happen at 3:00 am near the clubs where...ahem...a certain demographic are known to frequent.

Not to imply there aren't a lot of much wealthier suburbs with much lower crime, but that is the dichotomy in every major city in the United States; the burbs have no crime but are exceptionally boring strip mall palaces suitable for child raising and suicide contemplation. The more vibrant communities bring in more undesirables.

If BR shut down 2-3 different clubs/bars that cater to that "certain demographic" crime would go down considerably, but they won't do that for obvious reasons. Unfortunate but that's modern society.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Send me a PM with the case number off of the little card they gave you. It starts with DP13....

At first glance I read that as "Send me a PM with the case number the little 'tard gave you..." and I thought, wow, he doesnt think very highly of some of his coworkers...:laugh: then I re-read it.

Top Bottom