• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I've got one INGO lower left and am looking for suggestions on what to build. We've already got 3 16" rifles, a scoped 20", a 11.5" pistol, all in 5.56. We've also got a 8" 300Blk pistol and a 10.5" 9mm pistol. I plan on doing an SBR with the 11.5" pistol. I don't really care for the 300Blk so I'm not looking to do another one of those. Also can't do another 9mm with it. We wanted to do the first 9mm with the INGO lower but the Hahn kit wouldn't fit. The receivers are slightly out of spec. It worked in every other receiver except the INGO ones.

I'm not really sure what to do with the last one. There really isn't anything else we need so I'm just looking for ideas at this point.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How about a flavor of 6.5? Im with you. Already have enough standard caliber ARs and the ballistics of the various 6.5s are interesting.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    18” 6.5 Grendel has my vote.

I agree, Son and I just finished assembling a pair of these. Haven't shot mine yet, fell and broke a bone in my right hand about 5 ~ 6 weeks ago so it's still in a splint! Lot's of ammo choices for the Grendel, including cheap Wolf steel for plinking.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I was thinking about the 6.8 or maybe the .458 just for something different. I haven't looked into the 6.5 Grendel yet, or the .224 Valkyrie. We don't really have a heavy or long range caliber. We probably should get one sometime. I'll probably settle on a .308 for that.

Flyingbrian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Plainfield
    I still have my two INGO lowers and have done nothing with them every time i get ready to order parts i change my mind on what i want

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I still have my two INGO lowers and have done nothing with them every time i get ready to order parts i change my mind on what i want

That's kind of where I'm at. I helped a friend assemble a lower a month ago and now I've got the itch to do something else, can't decide what. There's only one other thing I had planned to build and I don't want to use the INGO lower for that. It's a low cost 'poverty pony' 10.5" pistol as a truck gun. I don't want to use my 11.5" BCM/Spikes for that, it's going to be SBR'd. Something low cost but similar.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I know it sounds strange coming from me, the guy that has most of his ARs set up identically. But I do have a M6920 DMR'd and a .458.

I am a big fan of the .458. I believe it fills a niche for me (short range, 325 grs at 1,800 fps, vehicles).

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I know it sounds strange coming from me, the guy that has most of his ARs set up identically. But I do have a M6920 DMR'd and a .458.

I am a big fan of the .458. I believe it fills a niche for me (short range, 325 grs at 1,800 fps, vehicles).

I may go with the .458, been thinking about it. We've got a couple hundred acres here and can shoot pretty much anything. It would be a good idea to get something long range but I want that to be a .308. A short range thumper sounds like fun.

Top Bottom