• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gixer454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Logansport
    I am looking for some input from the "been there, shouldn't have done that" guys that always seem to have good advice. What kind of budget tactical scope should I buy for my AR? A friend of mine bought a Firefield and really likes it, but I am skeptical. I am open to any suggestions!

Here is a link to the Firefield:
    Hunting Rifle Scopes > Firefield Tactical Illuminated Red/Green Mil-Dot 1.5x5x32 Riflescope (FF13017) with free shipping

And here is my newest member of the family:
    IMG_0010.jpg

gharris18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    I run a millet DMS-1 1-4x28 on a burris one piece mount and with the scope being a true 1 power optic I can engage targets within 25 yards or easily reach out to 400 if I had to on 4 power.

gixer454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Logansport
    I will be shooting 100yds 99% of the time with some 50 yds and an occasional 200 to 300 yd shot. I am setting this up as a toy for our local gun club competitions and an occasional ground hog hunt with my son.

I will look at the Millet, where did you buy it?

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    I will be shooting 100yds 99% of the time with some 50 yds and an occasional 200 to 300 yd shot. I am setting this up as a toy for our local gun club competitions and an occasional ground hog hunt with my son.

I will look at the Millet, where did you buy it?

I got mine from

Millett 1-4 x 24 DMS, Multi Coat Red-Dot Rifle Scope

You might find a better deal somewhere else. I like Primary Arms because you will have your order within 3 days and you know if stuff is in stock or not.

gixer454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Logansport
    Schmidt & Bender...I fell out of my chair when I clicked that link...LOL!

Any ideas where I could get my hands on a MIllet DMS to take a look?

guns_up

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Danville
    I haven't met anyone who didn't like the trijicon ACOG. You may not want to drop a grand on a scope though. If thousands of Marines have used it with success, it can't be all bad. if you want a lower end version, I have seen them without the tritium and fiber optic and you can save 3-400 bucks. good luck

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    I don't know what you consider budget optics but looking at Botach's site last night, they have the Aimpoint Pro listed for $400.00 but for $380.00 in the shpping cart with a free QRP2 mount. For my AR, it has been the best investment I have made, well, ammunition was the best but you know what I mean.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I haven't met anyone who didn't like the trijicon ACOG. You may not want to drop a grand on a scope though. If thousands of Marines have used it with success, it can't be all bad. if you want a lower end version, I have seen them without the tritium and fiber optic and you can save 3-400 bucks. good luck

The ACOG is great if most of your targets are at 50+ yards. It takes some significant effort to learn to use it effectively at close range and some people are not able to use the Bindon Aiming Concept effectively.

For about the same money, you could get a Trijicon Accupoint in 1-4X. You have glass that's just as good, a better illumination system (you can dim the fiber optic without using tape), the best eye relief in the market, and the option of a true 1X up to 4X and anything in between. It's probably all around the best optic you can put on an AR.

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"

Till you spend 899 for one and the reticle chips out under 200 rounds, then Trijicon makes you send it in on your dime, refuses to pay for shipping or give you extras for the trouble... I wish I could sell mine now I hate trijicon for that. Customer service sucks!

Top Bottom