• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paramed60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Oolitic, IN
    I would like to change out the standard take downs on my AR's to the stamped ones with either the American Flag or punisher skull. Sounds hokey I know just like the little dress up feature. Should I undertake this project or let a gun smith install?

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    You can do this yourself. The front pin detent can be a royal pain without the special tool. Brownell's sells them cheaply, or you can borrow mine. I'm fairly close to you in Ellettsville. PM me if you're interested.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Rrrrrright. Did my first build Friday. All went well EXCEPT for losing the detent from the front pin 4 times in a dirty, crowded little entrance room with brown carpet on the floor. The best one was when it went up into the shelves for the computer hutch, and down into the false bottom of a cardboard box full of print cartridge refill stuff. Had to take half the hutch apart. Fun fun fun. "Almost got it... ping! #%$%^z"

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I would like to change out the standard take downs on my AR's to the stamped ones with either the American Flag or punisher skull. Sounds hokey I know just like the little dress up feature. Should I undertake this project or let a gun smith install?

Who makes these? Ive never seen them, seen skull mag release buttons and stuff like that but not take down pins. i must have missed something ;) :dunno:

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    The front pivot pin should be pretty easy to take off, There is a tiny hole in the pivot pin that when fully extended allows you to put a pin in there and push the retaining pin into the receiver. Check it out..

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Rrrrrright. Did my first build Friday. All went well EXCEPT for losing the detent from the front pin 4 times in a dirty, crowded little entrance room with brown carpet on the floor. The best one was when it went up into the shelves for the computer hutch, and down into the false bottom of a cardboard box full of print cartridge refill stuff. Had to take half the hutch apart. Fun fun fun. "Almost got it... ping! #%$%^z"

A good tip is to put a box on its side and try to work on putting it together inside the box so when/if a spring lets loose it'll be somewhat contained.

Try doing that one your next build :ar15:

AR Maker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Morgan County-MSG2
    When ever I am working on something with...shal we say a major "launch potential"., I assemble it with a shop rag or ball cap covering the project. And I make sure the room is very quite, so when (yes when not if) it does launch I stop and listen for the sound of impact. then I start my search of shame at the last sound.

Top Bottom