• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Trying to remove dust cover on a Noveske upper to replace with engraved model. No c-clip on the front side like all normal dust cover rods. I would cut it off, but appears to be a special installation and I hope to use the rod with the new dust cover. There does appear to be a small slot at the rear just below the forward assist that seems to have a c-clip in evidence where the rod enters the receiver, but I can't figure out how to get at it. Any suggestions welcomed.:xmad:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Does the rod have a detent and spring loaded on the front of the rod? Try to depress the rod from the front.
    IF that doesn't work I'd open the door and see if you can work it forward from the inside to the front. I haven't done that type that I know of but I'm pretty mechanical.
    In the first pic it looks like it might have a small "c or e" clip. I really can't tell for sure.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I've tried all of the above. Nothing seems to work. Yes there is a clip of some sort at the rear, but the space is only about 1/32nd in width. I don't have any tool that will release the clip. I've e-mailed Noveske but so far no response.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Couldn't wait. Took all of 15 minutes. FYI: When the pin is removed to the inside, I placed a small magnet inside the receiver and when it popped out was captured by the magnet. The forward assist slides downward and off. All that need to be done to the pin is slightly remove from the forward hole as there is a slot at the rear and it just pops in without trying to line up the holes in the receiver, on the cover, and the spring at the same time. I just put it through the cover, wound the spring and ran it all the way forward, then pushed up into the slot and done! Replaced the forward assist and the pin. So simple when you have the proper directions. Thanks :ingo: and M67.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom