• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigmachirev

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Terre Haute
    I am building my first AR. I got a complete lower from a friend now I just need to build a complete up. (For Cheap)

Any suggestions on where to start? I don't have much to spend at once so even the brake down of where to get each component would help. I am a total Newbie to AR's. I have always been a handgun guy.

AR-15+223+Lower+no+SN.jpg

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Palmetto State Armory is your best bet. They run sales on complete uppers pretty regularly. They have pretty top notch quality too. The talk around here is that they are good to go.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Yeah, I would not build an upper unless you wanted very specific parts and have some help (like the INGO AR build party a couple months ago). Palmetto State has sales every weekend again (now stock is back) and addresses every price point - from base to free floated stainless steel options. If not in a hurry, just keep an eye on them.

Deal example PSA 16'' PA-15 HF SS12G2 Carbine - Palmetto State Armory - Rifles - Firearms - this complete rifle with a free float barrel and $400 site was on sale this weekend for $1080. So the rifle was effectively $650 or so. Uppers can have similar discounts too. Be aware most don't include BCG (availability is better now but still over $100 many places) or charging handle ($15-50).

Good luck.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    The equipment exchange on ar15.com always has lowers for sale by both private parties and buisnesses. Good deals to be found if your patient. The site also as a lot of links across the top to different vendors ( PSA being one of them)

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Since your in Terre Haute just shoot up 63N to clinton and visit M&S Armament. There prices are just as good as PSA, the Quality is just as good, and you wont have to wait 2 weeks for it to ship.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Since your in Terre Haute just shoot up 63N to clinton and visit M&S Armament. There prices are just as good as PSA, the Quality is just as good, and you wont have to wait 2 weeks for it to ship.

I prefer PSA to M&S due to the middy gas system and CHF barrels. Everything from M&S seems to be CMV carbine.

Top Bottom