• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zonfather

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Indy
    Any thoughts (and show and tell) on a vertical grip for an AR15?

I saw one today at the range with a Crimson Trace vert grip with laser and light but didn't like that you couldn't keep them on without having the actuators pressed.

Just looking for opinions...

M

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    IMO, Lasers are cool. But for some reason they seem to distract me if I want to, Bang, bang, bang.... But work for me, If I am going to have a 4-5 second pause in between shots...

I guess its due to the fact that they REALLY show just how jittery I really am.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    tried a few, settled on the Magpul AFG. not everyone likes them, but they work great for me.

Both of these are my favorite. For guns with banana clips (:laugh:) like the AK or my VZ58, I like the AFG, heck, I like the AFG on anything because it's comfy. The Troy MCG is nice because it doesn't have to be a 15 foot hangy down thing off the front of your gun if you don't want it to be.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    As far as lasers and lights go...

I am a big supporter of having a light on a gun. To me, it just makes sense, especially on a pistol or other close range weapon. There are plenty of arguments for and against it. Things like "Give away my position" and "extra weight" come to mind.

Lasers are handy too. The problem with lasers is, if you train improperly with them, you find yourself focusing on "Where's the dot" and not "What is my muzzle covering" "What is my Target doing" or "Where is my target".

The idea of having a laser/light/VFG combo seems like a good one. The only problem I have is when you do that, you are compromising. You might get the most compact setup, but the light output and battery life could suffer. You might get one with the best output and battery life, but then it is too big. No. To me, you get the VFG you like. You find the light that has the best output and battery life in the smallest package for your budget, and the same with the laser. And on lasers, go green. I'm not talkin' tree huggin' green, I mean a green beam. They are faster to acquire than red, and IMHO brighter as well. Here, look into the Laser Genetics ND3. It is a flashlight and a laser all in one basically. http://www.lasergenetics.com/nd3-laser-designator.aspx

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'm with the previous poster, I love my AFG. I used to have a vertical grip (Tapco Stubby), but I never felt in total control. I decided to try out the AFG after seeing it used in the Magpul Dynamics: Art of the Dynamic Carbine. I seem to be able to get on target faster when transitioning plus it puts my thumbs right in position for my double light/laser QD mount on the left side.

262f7d27ad0588d8cbfff1c0e582a7a8.image.150x112.jpg

Top Bottom