• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Just don't start them out with a 300 grain .50 sabot combination in a muzzloader.

Like everyone says the ar has a fairly soft recoil to it, I don't think it could bother most woman.

Then you can teach them to bumpfire, if you dont mind going through some rounds.....:ar15:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I remember in basic training a drill sergeant held the butt of an M16 to his crotch and fired some rounds. Recoil that can be handled by your testicles shouldn't hurt the shoulder of even a small child. AK recoil seems like nothing to me, yet there was a guy at the range the other day complaining about it. I believe that the less recoil the better for accuracy, but to me my .308 and my .270 have such little recoil as to be hardly noticed. AK recoil is kind of pleasant, in my book.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    what about the differences between a 5.45x39 AK and a 5.56 AR?
    There is not much difference between the two as far as felt recoil.
    The only big difference is the price$$.
    I love shootin my 74s when there are AR guys at the range. I can dump a load of ammo through my gun but all they can afford is a few rounds.

PTinbound, if you want a rifle that has almost no recoil try looking at a
    Hi-Point 9mm carbine, my girl friend loves her's.
    I put a red dot sight on it and she has no problem knocking arround pop cans at 100yds.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Yes an AR has less recoil than an AK.Neither are very heavy in recoil though.

Fired both, The AK is a bit more...but if you're scared of the AK recoil, I'd say you're still going to be scared of the AR's recoil.
    I agree with both of these statements. If they're afraid of the AK, the AR won't be very much improvement. I don't have much advice other than my fiance LOVES to shoot most all of them. She was afraid at first, it just takes work to overcome it.

AR doesn't really have any perceivable recoil- not that I've felt, at least.
    WTF kind of AR are you shooting? Airsoft? How can it not have any perceivable recoil? You're telling me that you can't feel any recoil at all? Do you even understand what recoil is then?

Top Bottom