• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolffman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I am interested in getting a .308 AR10. I am slightly thinking about building one, but that may be more than I should tackle. (I get nervous when I start taking things off of my AR15.)
    What is an 80% lower?
    What do I need to look for in a "kit" for a .308 AR10? Most of the descriptions that I see say less lower receiver.
    Appreciate any information that I can get. Thanks.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Do a lot of research when it comes to 308 ARs.

If you get an AR10 pattern, you have to get AR10 everything.

LR308 (DPMS style) is much more common and less specialized parts compared to the AR10.

Get an upper and lower from the same manuf. (I'd personally forget the 80% lower for a 308 due to possible fit issues with the upper) and get the proper forearm for it (DPMS has high and low tangs).

DPMS style is also nice because the PMAG compatibility and cause you can use standard AR-15 gas tubes.

Personally I'd just use a standard 6 position tube and get a 308 carbine buffer and spring.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I just traded for a PSA PA-10 with a 18" stainless barrel, ODIN works 15" free float forearm, RRA NM trigger and a aeroprecison cantilever scope mount and I'm pleasantly surprised with the fit and finish.

I haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet but it sure is pretty ;)

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive had a number of various DPMS LR308 models as well as currently owning one and have nothing but good to say about them (other than the factory trigger is absolutely horrendous). I would also recommend a DPMS or a variant due to parts compatibility. Would make getting parts and or future upgrades a little easier and tend to be a little less money.

Top Bottom