• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I currently have ARs in .22 LR, 9x19mm, 5.56, 6.5 Grendal and .450 Bushmaster.

This will be my first venture with the AR10 platform. I think I am just going to go with the .308 now and I can always add a 6.5 Creedmore upper, down the road.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states

This will be my first venture with the AR10 platform. I think I am just going to go with the .308 now and I can always add a 6.5 Creedmore upper, down the road.
    Just remember use matching upper/lower (you dont have to if you do research and find what is compatible) and it will go alot easier:)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort

I think you made the right choice! I don't have a Creedmore, I did a lot of research and due to the ammo cost, lack of bullet / cartridge choices for the CM, I opted for the .308 too. The CM appears to be tailored for performance shooters at 1k ranges (and up), while the .308 is still a viable long range sniper round the CM is purported to be better.

But (1) I don't have reasonable access to anything over 300 yd. From everything I have read the .308 actually is as good if not better at ranges below 500 yd. There is a vast range of bullet weights / designs for the .308 and ammo is available from dirt cheap surplus to very good match.

For hunting at normal ranges the 308 is a far better choice, will work well for most North America game and practice rounds pretty inexpensive.We, (son and I) reload and are set up for many different rounds .308 among them, really wasn't much of a factor.

But... I also have other .308 rifles. I do have a 6.5 Sweedish K-31, and a Grendel in the AR 15, helped son build a Grendel and am currently assembling another for his wife!

Top Bottom