• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ozzy866

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Hi,
    I am either looking to build a 22lr into an AR15 format. Is it cheaaper to build a 10/22 or buy one already with all the AR15 tactical on it?
    I have also looked into the M & P's.
    What is the best quality for the budget?
    Thanks
    Oz

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Hi,
    I am either looking to build a 22lr into an AR15 format. Is it cheaaper to build a 10/22 or buy one already with all the AR15 tactical on it?
    Thanks
    Oz

Many on this site like the M&P 15-22. I would like to own one myself and I already have an AR. Cheap to buy & cheap ammo.

I don't know much about the Ruger platform but I'm sure you could spend as much on it as you would a genuine AR-15 / M4

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hi,
    Thanks
    Oz

What's the purpose of the gun? If it is to train on AR15 type controls, then I don't think the 10/22 will do what you want (even with tactical type furniture) The M&P would.

If its just to have fun with then it is your call.

I just put some money on an M&P 15-22 MOE.

Last edited:

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I don't have an m&p but I have shot one several times. Very nice rifles IMO. I have a .22lr dedicated spikes upper, but if I didn't, I'd probably got the m&p route. I LOVE my 10/22 don't get me wrong, but I prefer it in a more conventional format.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My advice is if you want something tacticool buy a 15-22. If you want a 22 rifle that shoots accurately buy a marlin 795. If you want a .22 rifle that they make a ton of parts for, buy a 10-22.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I can't say anything negative about other weapons because I have no experience with them. However, I happen to own a Ruger SR-22 and I absolutely love it. I did an informal review of it here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/157946-ruger_sr_22_review.html

As far as cost goes, I'm pretty sure you could easily spend more building a similar gun by adding accessories to a 10-22. The SR-22 gives you a weapon already set up in a "tacticool" fashion made from all Ruger components. Here's what mine looks like.
    IMG_5681.jpg

I also think its worth mentioning that personal preference is a huge factor when choosing a weapon for any specific purpose. This one may work great for me, but you may find another works better for you. That's what so great about some of the get-togethers we have, you get to try out all kinds of fun stuff!

Top Bottom