• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    As far as I know, we still have one of those on our wall at ITP. If you are in the area and have time feel free to come take a peek.

Thanks for the heads up. I was actually in there on Wed and you did have a Colt on the wall. The only problem is it has the carry handle. I am planning on making it an SBR and putting my EOTech on it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Kind of a necropost but I am finally getting around to building one of these so my interest is renewed. :) Grabbed a Colt matched upper/lower set on arms unlimited, now to find a barrel/bcg/flash hider. Any tips, brownells has them but alas they are on backorder right now.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I snagged a new 6451 barrel assembly from GandRtactical, a CMMG ramped bolt and some mags from brownells. I'll post a pick in a few weeks when everything arrives, I can't wait!! I've been wanting one of these for years, so pumped its time. What's everyone shooting through theirs? 115 grain ok?

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Kind of a necropost but I am finally getting around to building one of these so my interest is renewed. :) Grabbed a Colt matched upper/lower set on arms unlimited, now to find a barrel/bcg/flash hider. Any tips, brownells has them but alas they are on backorder right now.

Elmores has a cmmg 9mm bolt

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    ^ Not a Colt.

I love my 6450. One of my favorite ARs to shoot. I only use Metalform mags as they are 100% reliable. The only drawback is they are at least $30. I have mine zeroed for 50yds. I might order the 6951 barrel from G&R and hack down the FSB and install a Centurion MLok rail I have collecting dust. Post some pics when you're done.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    ^ Not a Colt.

I love my 6450. One of my favorite ARs to shoot. I only use Metalform mags as they are 100% reliable. The only drawback is they are at least $30. I have mine zeroed for 50yds. I might order the 6951 barrel from G&R and hack down the FSB and install a Centurion MLok rail I have collecting dust. Post some pics when you're done.

I sure will, be this coming Wednesday or so! I wanted to stay Colt as well, I think this 6451 barrel will be superb, chrome lined and ready! Think I'll put my spare red dot on it and zero at 50 as well. Can't wait!!

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I would suggest the Freedom Ordnance FX-9...it's a slick Glock magazine fed AR style carbine. I was privileged to intern with them for a short stint over the summer and could see the quality and care put into each individual component. The lower receiver is also about an inch shorter than a conventional AR lower, resulting in a lightweight and compact carbine.

Last edited:

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    I have a new Freedom Ordinance FX-9. It has is exaclty 63rds fired. Several FTF (maybe mag related), 1 nasty double feed (mag again?), 1 FTE and goes into a "bump fire" frequently (an unacceptable firing sequence in my opinion) . I can tell you that is shoots really smooth, is very light and the receiver is well machined. I plan to do a full review on this soon, as Freedom is sending me a new set of springs next week to replace the original Trigger and Hammer Springs. I can say that this is most disappointed in a purchase that I have ever been...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I have a new Freedom Ordinance FX-9. It has is exaclty 63rds fired. Several FTF (maybe mag related), 1 nasty double feed (mag again?), 1 FTE and goes into a "bump fire" frequently (an unacceptable firing sequence in my opinion) . I can tell you that is shoots really smooth, is very light and the receiver is well machined. I plan to do a full review on this soon, as Freedom is sending me a new set of springs next week to replace the original Trigger and Hammer Springs. I can say that this is most disappointed in a purchase that I have ever been...

ouch! I await further details

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    attachment.php

Finished it up last night, hopefully soon I can sight it in. Ordered an uplula loader today after loading several mags by hand last night, whew!! Lol

Top Bottom