• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j22in

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Indy West
    Starting my first AR build in 5.56 and need some help with choosing a barrel. I'm looking for a 16" chrome lined 1/8" or 1/9" twist. I would like to stay under $300. Any suggestions on manufacturers and where to buy? Is anybody using PSA? They have a good price point, but wondering about quality. I don't mind paying for quality, but I don't like overpaying just for a name. I've been researching online, but would like to hear from the good folks here on ingo. Thanks to all!

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Starting my first AR build in 5.56 and need some help with choosing a barrel. I'm looking for a 16" chrome lined 1/8" or 1/9" twist. I would like to stay under $300. Any suggestions on manufacturers and where to buy? Is anybody using PSA? They have a good price point, but wondering about quality. I don't mind paying for quality, but I don't like overpaying just for a name. I've been researching online, but would like to hear from the good folks here on ingo. Thanks to all!

300.. geez you can get whatever you want for that.

The world is open to the fella with 300 for a AR15 barrel.

Yoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Owen County
    PSA CHF barrels are produced by FN, as are Noveske and Centurion and Spikes and others. Buying any one of them is the same as any other. All are spec barrels equivalent to what the military uses except for the twist rate you are wanting.

PSA has the best price at the moment. Or did last time I checked.

j22in

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Indy West
    I hadn't given a stainless barrel much thought, but I'm seriously considering it after checking out the one suggested by Bonez87. Thanks man, I appreciate it!

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    If you are willing to go 1:7 twist the world of very high quality, chrome-lined barrels opens up. Aim has DD CHF barrels for under $300 using the coupon code from Ar15.com. PSA has several choices most of them made by FN. You might check out the EE section at AR15. There are probably some S&W, Stag, or RRA take offs there for sale.

Top Bottom