• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I have one, took it to my range last week.
    I have a wylde chamber, my experience was awful. Bad jams, not stove pipes. Like a round flipping itself around in the chamber.
    firing pin not reseting. Etc. i consider it a total loss. To bad really, i wanted it to work. Seemed well designed as well

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Much of this can be done through dry fire, simple presentation drills, mag changes, etc.

Yeah, MC I'm going to go that route.

I have one, took it to my range last week.
    I have a wylde chamber, my experience was awful. Bad jams, not stove pipes. Like a round flipping itself around in the chamber.
    firing pin not reseting. Etc. i consider it a total loss. To bad really, i wanted it to work. Seemed well designed as well

This pretty much seals it for me. I don't have time or money to spend on subpar stuff.

I'll do dry fire and when I see things loosening up, I'll buy more ammo until I have enough to shoot for a year without running out.

I'll make sure I do some live fire prior to the carbine class I want to take next year. By then I should know how to tie my shemagh and have my chest rig set up.:):

Thanks all. Good variety of information.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yeah, MC I'm going to go that route.

This pretty much seals it for me. I don't have time or money to spend on subpar stuff.

I'll do dry fire and when I see things loosening up, I'll buy more ammo until I have enough to shoot for a year without running out.

I'll make sure I do some live fire prior to the carbine class I want to take next year. By then I should know how to tie my shemagh and have my chest rig set up.:):

Thanks all. Good variety of information.

Best advice I can give you is to not get too far ahead of yourself with your gear before you take that carbine class. That's your opportunity to sort out how you want to set up your rifle and gear. See what works, what doesn't.

I have gone through various evolutions of change just in the last 6 months to where I am finally starting to feel comfortable with my set-up. Started with a chest rig in my first carbine class and liked it OK. It worked. But then in the next class I ditched it for a bare bones battle belt set up. I like that better. After a couple of outings I am still playing around with where I like things situated on the belt line.

I also went from open sites to a red dot literally the day before taking an advanced Carbine class. Had only used open sites prior to that but said, "what the heck, let me try it out." It worked well, but now I am already looking at LPVOs.

As for my main rifle itself, I have completely switched to a new gun entirely. Just when I started to get comfortable with the old one I was like, "let's change everything!" It's a totally new set-up which I like a lot better. I also added a light.

And then of course the is the fact that I just this weekend I abandoned the Glock platform I had been using as a primary sidearm for the past five years. I sold off the gun, all mags and holsters and switched to an HK P30L, which I had literally never even shot before today.

Maybe it's just me. Listing all that out makes it seem like I am having mid life gun crisis. But life is too short to spend it using guns I don't shoot well.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Best advice I can give you is to not get too far ahead of yourself with your gear before you take that carbine class. That's your opportunity to sort out how you want to set up your rifle and gear. See what works, what doesn't.

I have gone through various evolutions of change just in the last 6 months to where I am finally starting to feel comfortable with my set-up. Started with a chest rig in my first carbine class and liked it OK. It worked. But then in the next class I ditched it for a bare bones battle belt set up. I like that better. After a couple of outings I am still playing around with where I like things situated on the belt line.

I also went from open sites to a red dot literally the day before taking an advanced Carbine class. Had only used open sites prior to that but said, "what the heck, let me try it out." It worked well, but now I am already looking at LPVOs.

As for my main rifle itself, I have completely switched to a new gun entirely. Just when I started to get comfortable with the old one I was like, "let's change everything!" It's a totally new set-up which I like a lot better. I also added a light.

And then of course the is the fact that I just this weekend I abandoned the Glock platform I had been using as a primary sidearm for the past five years. I sold off the gun, all mags and holsters and switched to an HK P30L, which I had literally never even shot before today.

Maybe it's just me. Listing all that out makes it seem like I am having mid life gun crisis. But life is too short to spend it using guns I don't shoot well.

Funny! Yeah, I'm not getting into it too much. I talked to the guy who instructs the class and the chest rig is a basic rig with rifle mag pouches. Everything else basically requires molle gear to be attached. I like the idea of a battle belt and can see me going that route, but for now I'll try the chest rig.

That's interesting you took your brand new red dot set up to a class. I had done that with a pistol, except I took my 1911 with iron sights for the class. I didn't want to disrupt myself or the class trying to figure it out. Though it hasn't been that bad.

I have a LVPO on my rifle. I was thinking of selling it and putting a red dot on it with a set of offset irons, but now I'm thinking for leaving it and putting an offset red dot on it.:)

I will resist from changing out the rifle. I did replace the fixed stock with a collapsible one though and moved my sling mounts.

I have gone through most of the pistols out there with the exception of Glock. I'm on my second go around with the M&P platform and I'm staying this time. Maybe when I wear it out and the plastic turns to powder I'll look at something else.

Hell, I'm having a mid life crisis for sure. More like a 3/4 life crisis since I'm 60.:)

Top Bottom