• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I have an Olympic .223 AR15 and just purchased a CMMG .22lr Stainless Conversion Kit. From what I have read it seems that it should be a drop in replacement. Other than make sure it's cleaned and lubed anything else I need to know?

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Mine need to be soaked overnight in a quality lube. And we spend an hour or so polishing and filing some parts. It just needed some love as it had several FTE out of the box.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Mine need to be soaked overnight in a quality lube. And we spend an hour or so polishing and filing some parts. It just needed some love as it had several FTE out of the box.
    were there any areas you found were hanging it up and I should pay attention to with filing/polishing? I picked up some Break-Free CLP, would you conside this a "quality lube"? otherwise I have Hoppe's

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    CLP will work okay but there are some really good stuff as close as your local Walmart,Meijer or Rural King! I believe all 3 carry the Remington lube with the teflon added. I have much higher end lubes that I use but the Rem Oil is a good economical alternative to pricey stuff such as Nanolube,Sentry Solutions,Ballistol,etc.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I have never had any problem of any sort out of mine. I say just go shoot it.

My stainless cmmg is my most reliable firearm. :)

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    thanks for the link, I searched but must of not typed right. Good info, looks like it's pretty much plug n play :-)

Top Bottom