• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJeff

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    US
    I've heard plenty of stories about this happening, so I don't mess with polymer instead I own Anderson lowers and I got that around $40.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Several hundred rounds through mine, no problems.
    I have a Plum Crazy Firearms polymer lower that I bought complete several years ago put one of those much maligned Olympic uppers on it.
    I'm guessing I have about 600-700 rounds thru it. I do look it over every time after I shoot it (which has been awhile) and do far so good.
    It's the only one I have though

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    :twocents: just doesn't seem like a good idea: supporting a 16"+ STEEL barrel, connected to an
    ALUMINUM frame, with a STEEL bolt recoiling into a STEEL spring, all supported by
    T U P E R W A R E ???? with just 2 points of thin polymer supporting 2 STEEL pins

NOT FOR ME!!!!

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I built up an ATI lower for a buddy of mine a few years ago. The mag release and safety were a bear to install and will barely move. It needed some material removed to make it right, but he was happy with it and took it as is. I would personally never buy one.

BullDawg327

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2019
    North Indy
    I have never bought one, since the cost savings are minimal. 3D printed PLA+ or PETG lowers if designed correctly can last thousands of rounds, but do degrade over time depending on the storage conditions. I wonder if these commercial lowers suffer from the same issue?

Top Bottom