AR15 Receivers, Upper(s), LPK group buy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ah...since we're just throwing out wishful thinking at this point go ahead and put me down for 200 lowers. I have good credit. ;)

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    I would be interested depending on price and specs. Never been in on a group buy on here so I guess if this ends up happening ill get all details later. Im in the process of getting my ffl but itll be awhile so I wouldnt be able to help out just yet with that part.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    100   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    So many folks are down for this deal... unknown price, manufacturer, markings or specs, meanwhile the market is inflating prices like crazy on these, where will they magically come from at a "reasonable price?" Prices for in stock items are changing hourly for things that used to be pretty solid. Now if you have to have it, you're going to be paying out the nose for these once "reasonablly priced" items. Whats reasonable in this market is totally subjective to the individual buyer. I think $125 is reasonable for a stripped lower, but all that means is that I wont be buying any more any time soon because they cant be had for reasonable prices anymore.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I don't think ANY manufacturer will give you a group buy. With as easily as they can sell for full price right now, why offer a group discount? This group buy is poorly thought out.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    100   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    I don't think ANY manufacturer will give you a group buy. With as easily as they can sell for full price right now, why offer a group discount? This group buy is poorly thought out.

Thats what I was getting at. Wish in one hand and :poop: in the other and see which one is filled first.

Ferstlerslim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Syracuse, NY
    With companies not being able to keep up with full price demand right now, do you think they would try and keep up with discounted demand? If you look around very few are avaible anywhere.

Dont get me wrong, Im all for the idea, I just dont see much opportunity in the current market to pay full price for one, much less getting a discount even if you ordered 1000.

Exactly what i was thinking.

However, if you do find one call your local FFL's and tell them about your intentions with the group buy. Some are often willing to work on price when dealing with bulk purchases.

Dave

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Well I guess that would be up to us and the FFL guy that hosts the buy/transfer which would most likely steered by how many total we need as a group.

I think the problem that he is pointing out is that getting lowers in is like pulling teeth atm.

Most guns stores seem to have none in stock - and the distributors that still have some left seem to be holding out just a bit longer to see how much more demand drives up the price.... If they have not already been putting them back and stating that they are out, they would already be in the hands of end result customers...

At the moment, it would be a hard buy to get a dealer that not only has access to lowers, but is not selling them individually at market price.

I do wish you luck though. If you could pull it off right now, that is awesome.

Last edited:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I don't think you are going to see "reasonably priced lowers" anytime in the near future. With Stag lowers going for $300-350 on GunBroker, no supplier is going to be giving any deals soon.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Nothing is going to happen until after Jan.1...everyone is closed for the Holidays. I will call 4 or 5 places that I use for parts that also have lower receivers and see if they can cover our wish list. I figure atleast 25 if everyone here that "wants one or two" also have the $$$ to back it up come ordering time.

We will still need a FFL to handle the transfers. I know of a new shop just on the south outskirts of Terre Haute that do transfers for $10.

Top Bottom