• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Just my thoughts. In the marine corps. We were trained to hit at 500 yards with iron sights. That was with a beat up old m16a2.
    So your ar with get the job done. The rest is up to you personal preference.
    That being said. I ran a leopald vx-r 3-9x40 with the firedot and ballistic reticle. It is an awesome scope. I would leave it at 3x and light up the firedot for close work. It was only marginally slower than an acog or any red dot. The average shooter would even notice a big difference in speed.
    Then when want to go out and "reach" the 6-9x will get you the magnification you want.
    Im a huge fan of vortex but the vx-r has a special place in my safe as a reliable go to that is my shtf/coyote/do whatever i want to get done rifle. Also i hears aa optics is a great place for refurbs that helps you get the best glass for your buck.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I have spent many an hour at the KD ranges at Camp Atterbury with ILEA's DMR program. I highly, highly recommend the PA 1-8. While you lose a little on clarity at 8x it is still one awesome optic. Factor in the price, it is a no-brainer.

Last edited:

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Save your cash and get a Vortex Vudu 1-6! Love mine!!!!!!! But if that is a no go Vortex Strikeeagle 1-6! Vortex has the best warranty on the market!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    .....????? I think you have a typo. Eotech makes a Vudu 1-6. Vortex makes a 1-6 Razor, PST, and Strike Eagle.

Save your cash and get a Vortex Vudu 1-6! Love mine!!!!!!! But if that is a no go Vortex Strikeeagle 1-6! Vortex has the best warranty on the market!

Slovpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Have you considered saving up a tad bit more money for a better optic? If you're running a SPR I would really recommend a Vortex Razor 1-6. If youre military or LE you can get a hefty discount on some site from them. If not the Razor the Viper Ive seen alot of SF guys run over here over seas.

Top Bottom