• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm trying to decide on what trigger to get but having a difficult time, all of my rifles have curved triggers and I'm really contemplating getting a Geissle SD-C but don't know what that would do for consistency. Should I stay with a curved trigger?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm not sure if that is really a gimmick or not. Some of the best tack drivers come with finely tuned CURVED triggers. What is the advantage of the straight?

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Is your finger curved or flat?
    No offense, but that reasoning is stale. I would suggest curved for a battle rifle and flat for a target rifle. A flat trigger will feel lighter than a curved version of the same pull weight for most people, especially if pulling at the very bottom of the trigger (increased leverage). "Consistency" is more about what you do with the trigger than the trigger itself.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    My understanding of the flat triggers were that all others things being equal , it took less weight or pressue to get a straight trigger to release. Due to the surface being more forward or closer to the plane that the pivot was located. Does that make sense?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have both and don't think the flat trigger "feels" any lighter than an equally light curved trigger. I'm accurate with both. It looks cool and gets me mall ninja points at the range though.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I have both and don't think the flat trigger "feels" any lighter than an equally light curved trigger. I'm accurate with both. It looks cool and gets me mall ninja points at the range though.
    So if you could only have one type for all applications, would it be flat or curved?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What is the advantage of the straight?

Less surface area so the finger has a greater focal point when it presses, schwerpunkt (the finger is less "distracted").

If you go to a gun museum, say the NRA's museum in Virginia, take notice of how many of the old matchlocks, snapping hens, flintlocks, etc. had straight triggers.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I run a flat CMC and I like the small kick out at the bottom as it serves as a reference point which aids in putting my finger in the same place every time. That said, it makes little difference in the grand scheme of things as I shoot a curved trigger just fine. Triggers are largely personal preference, I've never felt a Geissele trigger that I felt was worth the money.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I've never felt a Geissele trigger that I felt was worth the money.
    Well dang, you just made my trigger decision harder. I reallllly need to try some different triggers...
    I have pulled a straight trigger for comparison and it kinda got me thinking that its psychological. If straight was generally "better", why don't more of the high dollar "accurate" rifles default to a flat trigger ? From a machining ( probably casting is stock applications?) I can't see there being an advantage cost wise either way.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I run a flat CMC and I like the small kick out at the bottom as it serves as a reference point which aids in putting my finger in the same place every time. That said, it makes little difference in the grand scheme of things as I shoot a curved trigger just fine. Triggers are largely personal preference, I've never felt a Geissele trigger that I felt was worth the money.

I do think the more you train, the less important a high $ trigger is. Having said that, I still went out and bought 3 higher $ triggers. :):

I don't know what Geissele you've tried but there's a wide performance & price point within that brand + the cheaper ALG lineup. I have an SDE & would like to know if you've compared it to the CMC. It's really nice, very crisp, no creep but too light for combat/duty. It wasn't exactly cheap so I can see where you are coming from.

Is this the one you are talking about? AGS Armament | CMC AR-15/10 Tactical Trigger Group, Flat

The CMC looks pretty interesting. Like any higher $ trigger, I'd like to try one before buying one.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have curved, slightly curved, and flat. Flat looks more accurate. The best of the bunch is the slightly curved on, but I don't think it's because of its shape.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I do think the more you train, the less important a high $ trigger is. Having said that, I still went out and bought 3 higher $ triggers. :):

I don't know what Geissele you've tried but there's a wide performance & price point within that brand + the cheaper ALG lineup. I have an SDE & would like to know if you've compared it to the CMC. It's really nice, very crisp, no creep but too light for combat/duty. It wasn't exactly cheap so I can see where you are coming from.

Is this the one you are talking about? AGS Armament | CMC AR-15/10 Tactical Trigger Group, Flat

The CMC looks pretty interesting. Like any higher $ trigger, I'd like to try one before buying one.

That is the trigger I'm using. I've tried several different Geissele triggers and they are nice, just not worth what they ask for a new one. I did not buy my CMC new so I didn't pay retail for it either.

The best trigger I have ever felt was a Knight's two stage and it was anything but cheap. No trying to sway anyone away from Geissele, they are definitely a huge improvement over a standard trigger. Like most things, trigger preference is just that and it is very subjective.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    That is the trigger I'm using. I've tried several different Geissele triggers and they are nice, just not worth what they ask for a new one. I did not buy my CMC new so I didn't pay retail for it either.

The best trigger I have ever felt was a Knight's two stage and it was anything but cheap. No trying to sway anyone away from Geissele, they are definitely a huge improvement over a standard trigger. Like most things, trigger preference is just that and it is very subjective.

Funny that you mention the Knights trigger as I have an SR15 mod 1 with that trigger and I don't particularly like it, I look at the prices on line and WOW that is an expensive trigger (I was thinking to sell it and buy a Geissle). I tried a Geissle super V and really like it but at $250.00 I don't know.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Funny that you mention the Knights trigger as I have an SR15 mod 1 with that trigger and I don't particularly like it, I look at the prices on line and WOW that is an expensive trigger (I was thinking to sell it and buy a Geissle). I tried a Geissle super V and really like it but at $250.00 I don't know.

That speaks to the subjective nature of triggers. The Knight's is adjustable so if there is something specific about it that you don't like you can adjust it.

Top Bottom